PDA

View Full Version : v 2.9

DaffyRoth
March 5th, 2012, 23:14
Dr Z, this is really realted to you as I use a lot of your extensions. I have updated (kinda by accedent to 2.9) and now really none of the extensions work. Here are a few:

Language (I know this isnt yours but ideas to get it working are welcome)
Party Sheet
Fortune Card's
Personality (I think that thats been integrated though)
Metal Pro (seems to be working but with all the UI updates you never know)
Enhanced Encounters (Seems to have been integrated)

I have other but some of them like tables, items, treasure parcels have been integrated I think. So....any ideas?

And if this has already been addressed then I am sorry....

Griogre
March 6th, 2012, 00:11
Moon Wizard said that 2.9 would break all extensions. As time goes on most extension makers will release new versions of their extensions that work with 2.9.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120988&postcount=21

DaffyRoth
March 6th, 2012, 00:26
Ya, the problem I am having right now is it keeps crashing whenever I am opening mods. Keeps saying not enough memory, when 2.8 runs them all fine. So ya I am back to 2.8 till the memory gets fixed.

Zeus
March 7th, 2012, 01:07
Dr Z, this is really realted to you as I use a lot of your extensions. I have updated (kinda by accedent to 2.9) and now really none of the extensions work. Here are a few:

Language (I know this isnt yours but ideas to get it working are welcome)
Party Sheet
Fortune Card's
Personality (I think that thats been integrated though)
Metal Pro (seems to be working but with all the UI updates you never know)
Enhanced Encounters (Seems to have been integrated)

I have other but some of them like tables, items, treasure parcels have been integrated I think. So....any ideas?

And if this has already been addressed then I am sorry....

Yep, 2.9 will break all current available extensions for the base ruleset due to the various changes introduced in the new release.

Generally I wait for the new releases to goto to beta before I expend any effort in updating extensions. 2.9 is really an alpha release and therefore subject to a lot of changes initially until its stable and the major components working to an acceptable level. In addition you may have (or not) noticed that JPG has integrated some of my extensions into 2.9, the following extensions are therefore no longer required. Development of these extensions will therefore cease.

4E Personalites
4E Items
4E Tables

I am also working in Japan at the moment and don't have access to my Windos development system. I do have access to one my Macs though so when I can and the time is right (probably next week or two) I will begin refreshing the extensions. All I can suggest in the meantime is falling back to 2.8 if you really need the extensions.

DrZ.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2012, 03:50
The following extensions from DrZ will be integrated into v2.9 release:

4E Encounters
4E Fumbles and Critical Hits
4E Items
4E Personalities
4E Tables
4E Treasure Parcels

I'm also going to take a look at the party sheet extension, but I haven't looked into it yet so not making any commitments. Also, I believe I have integrated 4E Metal Pro, but DrZ can double-check.

I can confirm that I will not be integrating the 4E Enhanced Images or 4E Fortune Cards extensions. These are the only remaining DrZ extensions that will not be integrated.

Cheers,
JPG

gmkieran
March 7th, 2012, 16:32
Excellent news, Moon!! Will look forward to having all of that functionality available all the time! :D

sturtus
March 7th, 2012, 18:10
This is great! Thanks guys.

If you're adding critical hits and fumbles, does this mean that we'll still be able to use our own custom Fumble and Crit tables?

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2012, 18:46
Yes. The house rule option will roll on the "Fumble" or "Critical Hit" table, respectively. There will be a module with default Fumble and Critical tables, or you can create your own with those names.

Regards,
JPG