PDA

View Full Version : GM and Player on same PC

DrJonesDk
March 4th, 2012, 12:13
Hi FG,

I ran my first session just yesterday and would like to know if it is possible to do some practising both as a GM and as Player with FG on the same PC. I can start my campaign in one instance of FG and I can start another instance and connect to the GM instance, but I cannot get past the Character Selection screen. I have a FG Full license. What is your advise on how to practise using FG ?

Thanks
DrJonesDk

Nestor
March 4th, 2012, 13:38
here is how you do it:

1.) create a campaign
2.) load it
3.) while the campaign is loaded, open a second instance of FGII, and select "join game"
4.) username: (whatever you want);Host address: localhost (must be exact)

you will then join the campaign as a player

DrJonesDk
March 5th, 2012, 13:59
Thanks, I found a way past the Character Selection screen. I was just puzzled why I was not allowed to create a new character as a Player.

Griogre
March 6th, 2012, 00:06
I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but players and the GM can create a new Character. The Player does it when he connects to the host and gets to the character selection screen and the GM does it when he presses the Characters button in the top right and gets to the character selection screen.

If you asking why you can't build a character in some rulesets after pressing the Manage Character button its because the ruleset maker didn't add the support. Though with the Full or Ultimate version you can usually at least partly prebuild a character to transfer to the host on log in.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2012, 19:16
Thanks, I found a way past the Character Selection screen. I was just puzzled why I was not allowed to create a new character as a Player.
What ruleset are you using?