PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy Modules

rynter71
March 3rd, 2012, 01:21
I am about to try to talk to FFG to see if they would be willing to allow me and a friend to make some modules for FG2. Dark Heresy is poorly supported on this platform, and I think they need some more material to get people interested. Here is a screenshot of one of the modules we have been working on. It is an item database that covers all of the basics of weapons, has the weapon tables, and has the items made. This works with the Dark Heresy ruleset that is already out there.

Karrth
March 3rd, 2012, 13:26
this looks very nice, I have just started a death watch game on FG and while it works anything to make things even better would make others interested! Thank you for the effort!

**edit**
Of course you are one of the people that have showed interest in said DW game... Sorry for not seeing that.

rynter71
March 3rd, 2012, 13:53
It's cool. Right now we are just working on the Dark Heresy core and this item database which will incorporate all of the items from the Dark Heresy books. If all goes we would like to branch to Deathwatch and Rogue Trader.

Blue Haven
March 3rd, 2012, 19:46
OMG!!! O...M...G...you gonna share this right...? :D
Thank you so much for this :)

rynter71
March 3rd, 2012, 20:35
I can't share it until I get the okay from FFG. They have the copyright on the material. Hopefully I can work out a way to add support material for their games on FG2. I will post here when I get an answer from them. Knowing Games Workshop and how they are about releasing their material, I am guessing they will nix this.

Leonal
March 4th, 2012, 00:20
I can't share it until I get the okay from FFG. They have the copyright on the material. Hopefully I can work out a way to add support material for their games on FG2. I will post here when I get an answer from them. Knowing Games Workshop and how they are about releasing their material, I am guessing they will nix this.

We'll see, atleast they know of FG, and if more people let them know that their products are desired then hopefully than increases the chances of them working with Smiteworks. Kudos for taking contact with FFG!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=112934&postcount=155

rynter71
March 4th, 2012, 03:22
Thank you. I do hope I hear from them soon. If they aren't willing to play ball, there are plenty of other systems that aren't supported yet. I am just going to keep working on Dark Heresy until they tell me I can't.

Valarian
March 4th, 2012, 09:35
At the moment, the Dark Heresy ruleset is a community offering. If FFG say yes to modules being sold* on the FG website, then it's likely that this will need to be updated and taken in as an official ruleset.

*And if they say yes, it will be to modules being sold, not posted as community offerings. This is their game content, not just a character sheet.

rynter71
March 4th, 2012, 16:49
I would rather have to pay for modules that have none at all.

Galeric
March 5th, 2012, 00:28
WOW! there is something i have not seen in a long time, i would be very interested in this.

If you ever need a player, let me know i would be all over this.

rynter71
March 5th, 2012, 03:21
Thank you. For now my plate is full RPG-wise, but during the summer months my goal is to have an RPG game every nite. :D If I do start a group, I will post in the Tavern. If you want me to message you if anything starts, add me as a friend.

fibil
March 7th, 2012, 12:07
Well Galeric, we still want more players for the Deathwatch campaign if you are interested :)