PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v2.9 (alpha)

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 09:11
As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

This is a big release with a huge grab bag of features and bug fixes. So many that I had to bump the version number.

Remember, this is an alpha release, which means that it is almost feature complete. However, you should expect minor to major hiccups, and I wouldn't use it for your live game yet until it's had a couple iterations. Also, it has only been tested to date using the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, so any coverage checking with other rulesets is appreciated.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Also, once you update to this version, you can manage your update settings (test mode, directories, license key) directly via the updater.

Finally, the updater can now accept your web site login to automatically update ruleset/extension purchases. However, I have only configured the updater for Savage Worlds ruleset and the Deadlands GM/Player packages.

NOTE: To return to v2.8.1, you have to run the new FG updater, choose Settings, and select the "Release" mode setting. The TestModeManager will not allow you to change back.

NOTE 2: This test version is available for Unregistered versions, but you will need to have the machine with the unregistered version download the web installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FantasyGroundsII-WebInstall.exe), change the Settings to Test mode, and run the update.

NOTE 3: The current character importer for DDI to 4E does not work with this version of FG. An updated character converter will be located in the FG2 data folder under the utilities subdirectory after the update. The converter version number should be 2.9.0.x.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 09:18
Features

Updater updated. Now you can manage license keys, directories and more using the updater. Use your site login to keep ruleset/extension purchases updated.</li>
Full version can now be used to demo for a single user.</li>
Character Converter utility added</li>
Multi-touch support (image pinch zoom, image 2-finger panning, token rotation)</li>
Confirmation added for deletion via radial menus by default</li>
Chat window state frame flashed if scrolled when receiving message</li>
On-screen chat history can be copied to clipboard via radial menu.</li>
Portraits for deleted characters removed at end of session</li>
Data shared from modules will remain shared on subsequent sessions</li>
Resizing main window will recover windows lost off edge of visible tabletop</li>
When editing a string field, lists will wait to sort until finished editing</li>
Module database override files not created unless changes made. (Only host module type)</li>
Improved readability of radial menu tooltips.</li>
Token vector handles easier to grab.</li>
Improved detection of token edges for token tooltips and selection.</li>
Token animation for movement paths more uniform across different size images.</li>
Typing in chat entry box remembered when browsing chat history. (similar to Linux chat history)</li>
[LAUNCHER] Increased connection history to 10, up from 5.</li>
[3.5E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters</li>
[3.5E] Traps, haunts and vehicles in the NPCs section</li>
[3.5E] Improved item identification</li>
[3.5E] NPC spells</li>
[3.5E] Campaign tables</li>
[3.5E] Scrollbars</li>
[3.5E] Movable, resizable chat window</li>
[3.5E] Resizable windows can be sized by grabbing window right or bottom edge</li>
[3.5E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet</li>
[3.5E] Token drops onto CT replace linked token on maps</li>
[3.5E] Cleaned up tab order in all sheets</li>
[3.5E] Colored dice results (crit = green, effect = purple)</li>
[3.5E] Critical attacks automatically apply to next damage roll</li>
[3.5E] AC dodge modifier column added to character sheet</li>
[3.5E] Separate misc modifier fields for different AC types added to character sheet</li>
[3.5E] Module spell links transferred when added to character sheet</li>
[3.5E] Effects and modifiers from modules displayed in campaign lists</li>
[3.5E] The DMG effect modifier now only applies to physical damage rolls</li>
[3.5E] DMGS effect modifier to apply damage bonuses to spell damage rolls</li>
[3.5E] Caster level damage/heal option for every odd level rolls (i.e. magic missile) </li>
[3.5E] Spell damage roll option to specify damage does not have "spell" type (i.e. bypass DR)</li>
[3.5E] Concentration check modifier to spell class fields</li>
[3.5E] Hit icon added to critical threat attack results</li>
[3.5E] Stabilization check option for NPC stablization rolls</li>
[3.5E] Manage Characters mode will ask which system you want to use for viewing characters</li>
[4E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters</li>
[4E] Improved item identification</li>
[4E] Campaign tables</li>
[4E] Scrollbars</li>
[4E] Movable, resizable chat window</li>
[4E] Resizable windows can be sized by grabbing window right or bottom edge</li>
[4E] Common modifier keys on campaign modifier sheet</li>
[4E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet</li>
[4E] Token drops onto CT replace linked token on maps</li>
[4E] Cleaned up tab order in all sheets</li>
[4E] Colored dice results (max = green, effect = purple, brutal = red, vorpal = blue)</li>
[4E] Critical attacks automatically apply to next damage roll</li>
[4E] Brutal and vorpal dice totaled inline.</li>
[4E] Option to apply effect to action (vs. single roll)</li>
[4E] Moved Action Points to Powers list (At-Will Special)</li>
[4E] Redordered character tabs to move powers to last tab for easier access</li>
[4E] Tokens dragged from upper left character list are larger</li>
[4E] Moved item quirks to item properties</li>
[4E] Regeneration now stops triggering when creature falls below 1 hit point</li>
[4E] Damage types that disable regeneration are shown with autogenerated REGEN effect</li>
[4E] Regeneration is disabled for one round when taking any standard damage types listed in effect</li>
[4E] Effects can be disabled for their next use using on/skip/off toggle (i.e. regeneration)</li>
[DEV] New control added: scrollbarcontrol</li>
[DEV] Resize cursor displays at resizable window right and bottom edges when ruleset set to 2.8 or higher compatibility.</li>
[DEV] If standard die (d4,d6,d8,d10,d12,d20) not defined, it will not appear on desktop or be accessible at all.</li>
[DEV] If standard die defined as customdie, it will not appear on desktop, but will still be accessible.</li>
[DEV] Automatic field tabbing support - See windowcontrol description</li>
[DEV] Additional console warnings added for control creation failures</li>
[DEV] If anchor not specified for invididual anchor points, assume anchor in same position as parent of anchor</li>
[DEV] Panels can be overwritten in extensions</li>
[DEV] If OnSortCompare not defined, windowlist window</li>
[DEV] Added replaces tag to ruleset options to specify one or more rulesets to migrate from</li>
[DEV] Added replaces tag to module options to specify one or more modules to migrate from. (Will not work with common data modules not installed on client machines.)</li>
[DEV] Console will reset between each ruleset load. The console log file will not be affected.</li>
[DEV] Exports and character saves will include release number of ruleset used for export.</li>
[DEV] chatwindow
Add event: onWheel</li>
[DEV] DB</li>
Add functions: getRoot</li>
Add handlers: onIntegrityChange</li>
[DEV] formattedtextcontrol</li>
Add functions: setFocus, isReadOnly, setReadOnly, isEditMode, setEditMode</li>
[DEV] framedef</li>
Add tags: offset</li>
[DEV] genericcontrol</li>
setIcon changed to accept force flag</li>
[DEV] Interface</li>
findWindow will find panel windows after checking regular windows</li>
[DEV] imagecontrol</li>
Add functions: getTokenOrientationCount, getTokenLockState, setTokenLockState</li>
[DEV] Module</li>
Add handlers: onModuleLoad, onModuleUnload</li>
[DEV] panel</li>
Add tags: dynamic</li>
[DEV] stringcontrol</li>
setUnderline moved to textbasecontrol.</li>
[DEV] subwindow</li>
parentcontrol reference set before contained window onInit called.</li>
[DEV] textbasecontrol</li>
Add functions: setUnderline, setLine</li>
Add tags: lineoffset</li>
setUnderline accepts offset parameter.</li>
underlineoffset tag accepts default attribute. If set to on, then underline will be on to start.</li>
setSelectionPosition with a zero value will clear any selection.</li>
[DEV] tokeninstance</li>
Add functions: onDragStart, onDrag, onDragEnd</li>
[DEV] Token</li>
Add functions: onDragStart, onDrag, onDragEnd</li>
[DEV] User - </li>
setPortrait can accept database nodes</li>
Package can be used in local mode</li>
[DEV] windowclass</li>
Add tags: nomove, noclose</li>
[DEV] windowcontrol</li>
Add tags: sizelimits, gmvisibleonly, gmeditonly</li>
Modified stateframe tag to accept keyedit frame type, and hidereadonly frame option, </li>
setStateFrame accepts nobaseframe and hidereadonly parameters</li>
[DEV] windowlist</li>
Add functions: getColumnWidth</li>
Add tags: childframe, createonempty, sortby</li>
If onSortCompare not defined or returns nil, FG will sort by window data node name (if window is databound)</li>

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 09:19
Bug Fixes

Ruleset tokens were not visible sometimes. Fixed.</li>
Modules with common data were always visible to players. Now only visible when allowed via module selection.</li>
Token animation was proportional to size of image, instead of current view scale. Fixed.</li>
Image token scale and orientation count lost when exported. Fixed.</li>
Image shortcut pins were not showing tooltips on mouse hover. Fixed.</li>
Formatted text and string fields would sometimes scroll incorrectly. Fixed.</li>
Footer images for formattedtext fields and window lists were sometimes not displayed. Fixed.</li>
Crash sometimes occurred when deleting tokens or adding faction groups to maps. Fixed.</li>
Crash sometimes occurred when multiple people editing same string field. Fixed.</li>
[LAUNCHER] Wrong extensions loaded when selecting Load Campaign, then Manage Characters. Fixed.</li>
[LAUNCHER] Unable to find base.xml message occurs sometimes when clicking on Start button. Fixed.</li>
[3.5E] Script error when dropping magic weapon modifier on item entry. Fixed.</li>
[3.5E] DMG effect not being applied when creature uses attack with x3 crit multiple. Fixed.</li>
[3.5E] Invisible effect not being applied when targeted. Fixed.</li>
[3.5E] Encounter pre-placement lost when exported. Fixed.</li>
[3.5E] Targeted effect application not working. Fixed.</li>
[4E] Skill result drops being ignored if modifiers were specified. Fixed.</li>
[4E] Encounter pre-placement lost when exported. Fixed.</li>
[4E] Local mode roll window not lined up correctly. Fixed.</li>
[DEV] If user specified for User.ringBell which was not online, then bell would ring for all online users. Fixed.</li>
[DEV] DB.copyNode not accepting string as first parameter. Fixed.</li>
[DEV] Crash occurred when using nested XML comments in ruleset code. Fixed.</li>
[DEV] Crash if setReadOnly called on a field with the keyboard focus during onValueChanged event. Fixed.</li>
[DEV] DB.getValue did not return default value if node was nil. Fixed.</li>

madman
March 1st, 2012, 13:41
WOW! You have been, Busy! Feedback on its way.

Chris

Got this updating:

The procedure entry point GetGestureInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
Along with a Fantasy Grounds has stopped working. It will not run from the .exe without producing the above error.

Re-installing FG!
So I canceled the update when it started and unchecked the 4E stuff(that's what it was updating when it blew up) and still it will not update?

Tried three times and it will not update.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 16:44
The only info I can find online to that error refers to Windows Vista. What OS are you running on?

Also, the updater exe is called FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe or UpdaterEngine.exe, so I assume this occurs after the updater runs. Can you run the updater separately, and see the new Settings button?

Thanks,
JPG

yondar
March 1st, 2012, 18:26
I get the same problem running it under vista.

I have run the updater seperatly but it doesn't make any difference.

Intel Q6600 4Gb Vista 32

madman
March 1st, 2012, 19:00
i7 16Gb Vista 64

Chris

unerwünscht
March 1st, 2012, 19:22
In windows 7 I get 'ProcessFileMatch: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.'

First time I got it while 'updating graphics/buttons/button_blank.png'
2nd time at 'updating graphics/frames/sheetgroup2.png'
3rd time at 'updating graphics/buttons/button_roll_down.png'
4th time it made it all the way through, no errors.

So I have no idea where the issue is, but I hope that info helps you.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 19:33
Just did some research. It looks like the multi-touch support I added requires Windows 7 or newer. I'll have to rewrite the interface to check for existence of multi-touch support before loading library, instead of assuming it exists. It might take a few days, since I am out of town.

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
March 1st, 2012, 19:41
General
Resizing main window will recover windows lost off edge of visible tabletop - doesnt look to be working for me.

3rd Party
nWoD- open combat tracker crashes application
Tested everything I could think of no other new errors encountered.

All windows open
I love the Tables Feature
Tested everything I could think of no errors found.

I have some games scheduled soon. Can unregistered clients patch to the new version? If so I will have my players patch and run games in the new version to see how everything goes under full use.

yondar
March 1st, 2012, 20:08
Ok thanks, just out of interest the window for the updater doesn't come up if your running in live mode so you cant switch that way though you can from test to live.

Don't know if its meant to be that way.

B

demadog
March 2nd, 2012, 00:31
I'm crashing trying to load our campaign in Full Version on Win7 64bit. I see some sort of error flash up on the screen in a small window with red lettering, but it disappears to quickly to catch what it says. Here is the likely unhelpful error windows is producing.

AppHangB1
Not available
FantasyGrounds.exe
4f4eff0b

I can send the windows error report file if you like. Reverting to previous version was successful. Hope this helps, Al.

kdietri
March 2nd, 2012, 00:40
Very briefly tried it, no issues yet.

Everything looks great so far, psyched about the changes, thanks for all your hard work MoonWizard!

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 04:35
unerwunscht,

It's been a couple months since I worked on the updater, but I believe that anybody, including unregistered versions, can run the updater to update from their desktop.
Updater link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/UpdaterEngine.exe)

Also, can I get the nWOD ruleset you are using from the wiki?

Finally, I just tested the resize window recovery and it works for me on 4E ruleset. Try moving a window almost completely off screen, and then resize main window. It should make sure at least half of window is visible in horizontal/vertical direction.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 04:37
Yondar,

You have to use the TestModeManager utility linked from the Downloads page to change from the current live version to the test version. This is how betas were handled for previous versions, and I integrated that capability into the new updater.

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 04:39
demadog,

Can you look inside the console.log file in the FG2 Data Folder after you run? I think that is where the error message is that you briefly see.

* Which ruleset are you using for your campaign?
* If 3.5E or 4E, can you please ZIP and send to me at [email protected]?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 05:39
unerwunscht,

Just tried nWOD ruleset from the wiki, and I wasn't able to get the combat tracker to cause a crash in a new ruleset. But, I don't know how to use the ruleset.

Can you ZIP up and send me your nWOD campaign at [email protected]?

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 05:45
Minor updates

Backward compatibility patch to ignore multi-touch in pre-Windows 7 systems.
New character converter that correctly imports 4E DDI for 2.9 4E campaigns.

Since I am on the road, I don't have a system to test whether the changes allow the test version to work on Windows XP/Vista. However, the dependency checker developer utility tells me that the multi-touch dependencies are not there any longer.

Please let me know.

The updated character converter can be found in the FG2 Data Folder under the utility subdirectory after you have updated. The version number should be 2.9.0.A.

Regards,
JPG

unerwünscht
March 2nd, 2012, 12:20
Sent you the latest version of the ruleset, and a zipped copy of the campaign in question just incase its something stupid that I have done to cause it.

madman
March 2nd, 2012, 13:18
I absolutely love the new layouts, scroll bars, combined encounters and npc's, and the placement of the active tracker token is F****** Genius, Can't wait to use this stuff in a game.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!

Chris

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 14:29
Mandman, can you try again without any extensions loaded?

FYI, I think most everyone will need to disable all extensions. I can't think of a single extension that will work with the extent of the changes, whether it is a theme or a more involved extension. Madman's screenshots reminded me that I should say something, and that is something I plan to help with before release.

Cheers,
JPG

jagarbet
March 2nd, 2012, 16:19
Hi all, first of all I would like to introduce myself. My name is Javier, I'm from the Canary Islands (Spain), I defend myself well in English, so between that and the google translator, I hope to communicate with you.

My question is this, I have the FULL version, with these full version, I do as a DM in my games to 5 players with Lite version. We played in rules 3.5 and have no intention of switching to 4ed. I have been observing that there is a 2.9 Alpha version supplementing the deficiencies of rules 3.5, in version 2.8.1 NPC Spells, etc. ..
I want to update the program to use the version 2.9 Alpha, but i dont know how to do it, anyone can help me.

Best regards and congratulations for the excellent work.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2012, 16:47
I want to update the program to use the version 2.9 Alpha, but i dont know how to do it, anyone can help me.

Best regards and congratulations for the excellent work.
Sounds like you should wait a bit for that. This version is just starting pre-beta (alpha) testing. Stick with the regular 3.5 version (2.8.1) until this one is a little further along.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2012, 16:49
I'm looking at manage characters in the 3.5(PF) version. Adding a new spell... it doesn't seem to offer me a way to edit the 'short' description for the spell. The 'Name' updates when I enter the info into the popup box... but I don't see a line for short description. Am I missing something?

jagarbet
March 2nd, 2012, 17:18
I have installed the update to version 2.9, now how can i export my characters of version 2.8.1 to version 2.9 ??

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2012, 17:44
I have installed the update to version 2.9, now how can i export my characters of version 2.8.1 to version 2.9 ??
Load your campaign - the characters from the campaign should be present.

Always remember to backup your campaign folder before you try using pre-release/upgrade software just in case.

DanLal
March 2nd, 2012, 18:01
Mandman, can you try again without any extensions loaded?

FYI, I think most everyone will need to disable all extensions. I can't think of a single extension that will work with the extent of the changes, whether it is a theme or a more involved extension. Madman's screenshots reminded me that I should say something, and that is something I plan to help with before release.

Cheers,
JPG

I'm following Madman's thread because the same thing happen to me.
I deselected all add-ins and it still gave me the error. If I open a brand new game, load's fine. So something in a running game must becausing the error.

I have a few 4.0 games on the go and 1 or two 3.5. I'll give it a try again.

DanLal
March 2nd, 2012, 18:22
Ok Tried loading one of my games and the error came up. Here's what's in the Console log
[02.03.2012 18:05:37] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[02.03.2012 18:05:38] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[02.03.2012 18:05:52] Runtime Notice: Host session started
[02.03.2012 18:06:07] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/combattracker_active.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:07] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/combattracker_token.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:08] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/adventurelistshortcut.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:08] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_powerdescfield.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:09] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/adventurelistshortcut.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:09] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/npc_skillfield.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:09] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_textlistitemvalue.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:09] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/template_textlistitemvalue.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:09] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/reference_list.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:11] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/reference_list.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:11] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/reference_list.lua)
[02.03.2012 18:06:43] Script Error: [string "scripts/tables_manager.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'registerRollHandler' (a nil value)

DanLal
March 2nd, 2012, 18:25
Deselected all add-ons, same game and nothing happen, no errors

Console logs says:
[02.03.2012 18:08:22] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[02.03.2012 18:08:22] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[02.03.2012 18:08:39] Runtime Notice: Host session started
[02.03.2012 18:09:43] Script Error: not enough memory

DanLal
March 2nd, 2012, 18:32
Loaded by 3.5 game and it loads fine. Doesn't seem to have any bugs after a brief scan.

Creating a new 4.0 game works fine.

Blackfoot
March 2nd, 2012, 18:37
Just a heads up for folks who are switching BACK to 2.8.1

You have to run the FantasyGroundsUpdater and click Settings, NOT run the TestModeManager in order to switch back to 2.8.1

It's easy enough to do.. but doesn't quite work the way we are used to.

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2012, 23:25
DanLal, can you send me a a zipped up copy of your 4E campaign, along with your user name? Also, can you look at Task Manager while running your campaign in v2.8.1 and tell me how much memory that FG is using? It looks like your 4E campaign is exceeding the memory limit somehow, and I need to figure out what is causing the memory size increase.

Thanks,
JPG

madman
March 3rd, 2012, 02:44
You were spot on with the extensions thing. I cant get any of the errors to pop up.
Did you already change things or is it the same files still? Just curious? Did not think the stupid extensions that were still running would blow up everything like they did.

one extension just changed the desktop.png
one was larger text
the other was a larger token when you drag it from the portrait

Thanks

Chris

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2012, 06:13
One of the extensions you are using was replacing the StringManager library in the ruleset, and it caused the errors since I did some reorganization and updates in that file.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2012, 06:19
Minor update

Using windowlist.createWindowWithClass in a windowlist without a datasource tag would cause a FG crash. Fixed.

This bug affected the WOD ruleset combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
March 3rd, 2012, 08:02
moon - Under OS X 10.7.2 running CrossOver Professional 10.2. After updating the updater, now when launching the updater I get the following error message:

Command error text:
wine: Call from 0x7b82b3d2 to unimplemented function msvcr80.dll._wcslwr_s, aborting

Alas, as the updater fails to execute, I am unable to roll back to a working version without first uninstalling/re-installing.

From the error message it looks like you making use of library calls that are not yet implemented for support under Wine with its built in libraries.

I have tried overriding Wine's default behaviour of using its own implemented built-in libraries in favour of using the applications bundled libraries however it fails as the file mscorwrks.dll is not bundled with FGII as part of its installation (I'm guessing probably because this is a standard Windows lib thats installed on every Windows machine by default).

I'll see if I can locate a copy from another Windows box and will see if I can get it to start up a bit later on this evening.

Z.

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2012, 13:15
I saw a mention of another app that crashed with that error code that was patched in wine 1.3.16 on the wine-announce mailing list. I wonder which version of wine that CrossOver is running?

JPG

DanLal
March 3rd, 2012, 14:13
DanLal, can you send me a a zipped up copy of your 4E campaign, along with your user name? Also, can you look at Task Manager while running your campaign in v2.8.1 and tell me how much memory that FG is using? It looks like your 4E campaign is exceeding the memory limit somehow, and I need to figure out what is causing the memory size increase.

Thanks,
JPG

The zipped folder is 26M. If its ok I'll delete a bunch of Images and hopefully that will take it down a few notch

Zeus
March 3rd, 2012, 20:11
I saw a mention of another app that crashed with that error code that was patched in wine 1.3.16 on the wine-announce mailing list. I wonder which version of wine that CrossOver is running?

JPG

CrossOver Pro 10.2 (10.2.0) is the latest version available from Codeweavers. Its based on Wine v1.3.9 I believe. Crossover tends to lag several releases behind the current Wine release so if 1.3.16 addresses this issue it may be a long wait before Crossover supports it. :(

I'll see if I can download a copy of Wine 1.3.16, if it works (and its stable) I may just switch from using Crossover to just using Wine. My support period has expired anyhow and I could do without having to pay another £30 to Codeweavers for it to be renewed.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2012, 00:59
Blackfoot,

I found that the spell fields that are shown on the character sheet are incorrectly marked as GM edit only in the beta ruleset. I'll patch in the next release.

Thanks,
JPG

DMdomination
March 4th, 2012, 03:37
I am unsure if this has been said but, my entire group runs the test version to help better the program for everyone. We have noticed that the white circle under the tokens that has the colored circle around it when targeted is offset from the token up and to the left of the token. Otherwise we haven't found any errors. Thanks for all your hard work. Y'all rock!!

ddavison
March 4th, 2012, 04:47
I will try to figure out which version of Wine I have running within WineBottler, but it managed to update okay with some graphical issues in the Updater app. Once it completed, however, FG appears to be working fine.

To consolidate testing notes:

Tables functionality is not calling the secondary tables.

Names Table
1-1 [Male Names]
2-2 [Female Names]

Male Names
1-3 Doug
4-6 John

Female Names
1-3 Jennifer
4-6 Hannah

It is currently returning the text value [TABLE] Names - [Male Names]

drvolk
March 4th, 2012, 06:56
I have a simular problem as DrZeus, after updating the updater. I use also Crossover Pro (the latest version 10.3) but on Ubuntu Linux (lates version 11.10).
When i start FG2 now i allways get the Info Message "Updater Executable Updated: ... It will restarted to make sure that the main ... files ar up to date". Nothing else, even after reboot :(

When I change to "RELEASE" Mode with TestModeManager it has no effect, the only way to get rid of it is to install FG2 from scratch again.

Leonal
March 4th, 2012, 07:13
When I change to "RELEASE" Mode with TestModeManager it has no effect, the only way to get rid of it is to install FG2 from scratch again.

See this post further up the thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=121001&postcount=31

Just a heads up for folks who are switching BACK to 2.8.1

You have to run the FantasyGroundsUpdater and click Settings, NOT run the TestModeManager in order to switch back to 2.8.1

It's easy enough to do.. but doesn't quite work the way we are used to.

jagarbet
March 4th, 2012, 22:45
I have a problem with the effect "AC" with these 2.9 alpha version 3.5ED ruleset, when i put this effect into a player or npc, the effect doesnt works. I typed:

AC: 4

When i typed other effects like "ATK" it works perfectly, but "AC" doesn´t works. Could be consecuence of alpha version?

I go to an alternate installation with FG 2.8.1 "3.5 ruleset" and "AC" effect works perfectly.

Oberoten
March 4th, 2012, 23:59
Setting a persistant mood for a NPC on the GM side still does not work.

/m Mood
/say kkkkkk

Should deliver

Npc (Mood) kkkkkk

but delivers only

Npc : kkkkkk

- Obe

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2012, 03:50
DrZ / drvolk,

Have you tried something like this?
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/msvcrt

According to what I can tell, wine has supported .NET 2.0 for a long time, and the updater is built using .NET 2.0.

Thanks,
JPG

drvolk
March 5th, 2012, 07:28
When i started the FantasyGroundsUpdater from console i got the message, that Microsoft Mono need to be installed to use .NET.

After installed Mono , i could start the updater and it did some updates but chashes at the end with an wine exception. But 2.9.0. is installed and the "update avaible" button is also aktivated. trying to complete the update allwasy end in that exception.

@moon_wizard
I will check that with the infos from the codeweavers forum you sent.

But i can start FG2 now and can see and use all that nice new features which came with 2.9.0 :)

GeneralChaos
March 5th, 2012, 08:47
Accidentally left my client on test, and accidentally updated right before tonight's sess. XD
Saw the resizable chat window and stuck with it. <3 :)

3.5 ruleset. Playing PF

Searching NPC list fails.
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_filter.lua"]:39: attempt to index local 'vTarget' (a nil value)
Searching for items fails. No error, just doesn't trunecate the list.
Story, images, library searching OK
No notes searching option (was there before?)

NPCs dropped onto the tracker lose their default tokens.
Damage taken via the tracker does not go onto player's character sheets

Token targets are centred over the top-left corner of the token, instead of the centre. Initially I liked it, but a couple of large tokens cover a lot of extra space with their circles, and ends up being quite confusing.

Players don't get each other's AFK symbols. (GM gets them OK)

Story pages display goes to top of document if keyboard is used for scroll down (Pressing the down arrow, or enter at bottom of page). Typing occurs in right place, you just can't see it.

Table dice selector only seems to update when the list is reordered. No manual selector?

Zeus
March 6th, 2012, 01:54
Greetings from Asaka chaps. Here's the skinny for OS X.

Wine 1.3.9 - After initial updater gets updated, the updater no longer executes. Error relates to unimplemented functionality in msvcr80.dll

Wine 1.3.12 - After initial updater gets updated, the updater fails when executed. Wine complains that a Windows version of Mono must be installed first. Installing Mono makes no difference. Same error.

Wine 1.4 RC6 - Development build. Updater works :) Thank god.

So if your on Mac OS X Lion and want to try 2.9 out, you need to install the latest development build of Wine 1.4 (best way is through macports).

JPG - The updater text window doesn't update correctly during updates so you can't see the file progress. Scrolling the window though, refreshes it. Aside from that all running OK on my side. Love the new Modifiers panel BTW. Great job.

drvolk
March 6th, 2012, 07:17
DrZ / drvolk,

Have you tried something like this?
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq/msvcrt

According to what I can tell, wine has supported .NET 2.0 for a long time, and the updater is built using .NET 2.0.

Thanks,
JPG

When i set the dll from "native" to builtin as described in the forum threat of codeweavers, the update seems to be completed. Only when the updater window was closed it ends with an extension. but when i start FG2 the "update avaible" button is not activated. so it looks like, the update was completed :)

The "refresh issue within the updater window" , as described by DrZeus, is also a problem with codeweavers wine and linux.

Moon Wizard
March 6th, 2012, 22:00
Bah, I'm thinking I'm going to have to rewrite the updater in C++. All you Mac people drive me crazy. ;)

JPG

Zeus
March 7th, 2012, 00:54
Bah, I'm thinking I'm going to have to rewrite the updater in C++. All you Mac people drive me crazy. ;)

JPG
Once you have had a bite of the Apple, you never want anything else ;)

On a serious note, Wine 1.4 RC6 works fine for me, JPG. So getting 2.9 and the new updater to work on OSX is OK at the moment, as long as you don't mind going though the pain of the Wine 1.4 RC6 install path (first install Xcode 4.1.2, then Macports and then Wine 1.4 RC6 via Macports).

But having said that I have had mixed experiences of getting .NET 2.0 apps to work under Wine. Some work OK, some don't.

Thank you though. Much appreciated.

unerwünscht
March 7th, 2012, 01:57
For all of you Mac guys out there, have any of you looked into https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ as a solution?

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2012, 06:47
Update

Active underlay and targeting circles not positioned correctly. Fixed.
Persistent mood command not working on GM side. Fixed.
Formatted text fields not scrolling correctly when editing near bottom of field. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Fumble and critical hit table module included.
[3.5E/4E] House rule option for automatic fumble and critical table rolls.
[3.5E/4E] AFK icon visible on other clients.
[3.5E/4E] Campaign filters for NPC, Encounter, Item and Parcel not working. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Adjusted position of campaign filters for better visibility.
[3.5E/4E] Options are now cyclers, instead of radio buttons.
[3.5E/4E] When NPC dropped on CT, default token not used. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Added table chaining to tables feature.
[3.5E/4E] Tables in modules can be accessed using rollon command.
[3.5E/4E] Table die text changes when row range values changed.
[3.5E] Unable to edit quick spell info on character sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E] AC effect not working. Fixed.
[3.5E] Character sheet wound field not visible. Fixed.
[4E] Power use limits. Use power preparation mode to adjust. (Item Daily, Channel Divinity, Healing Infusion)
[4E] Item level label and field overlap. Fixed.
[4E] Changed version checking for NPC, item and encounter records to lower memory usage.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2012, 06:57
Added note to first post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16158) with link to web installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FantasyGroundsII-WebInstall.exe). You can use the web installer to migrate Unregistered versions to Test mode.

Regards,
JPG

tattoocory
March 7th, 2012, 18:52
Did not spend a lot of time playing with the alpha as I do not understand most of the technical programing aspect, however, from the visual go over, it looks great.

I especially like the table addition, as well as the option to move and resize the chat window.

Some issues I discovered:

The fumble table works fine when rolling attacks, however, the crit hit doesn't seem to automatically roll (I have both active in the settings). This could be because I did not have my character rolling against a target, I was simply rolling attacks over and over to see the results with the tables active.

Secondly, I can not access ANY of my previous campaign stuff, as well as a good number of modules in the library. Is there a reason for this or something I am not doing?

I know that this is the apha and isn't going to be perfect, also I may be doing something wrong, but if I can help in anyway with pointing things out that I (low intelligence score:o ) can find, I will let you know.

Again, it is looking great; I am looking forward to the final product, as is my group.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2012, 19:20
tattoocory,

As I mentioned previously, all extensions for 3.5E and 4E are broken at this point. Please disable all your extensions before loading your campaign in v2.9, and see if you are getting the same issues.

* For the critical hit, what ruleset are you using? If using 3.5E/PFRPG, are you using critical confirmation rolls?

* I'm not sure what you mean that you say that you can not access any of your campaign stuff.
** Are the campaigns visible in the launcher when you start FG?
** Is the extension list visible for your campaigns?
** Can you launch your campaigns?
** After you launch campaign, can you see your campaign data (non-module)?
** If you click on the Module Activation button in upper right, can you see all of your modules?
** Once you open modules, can you see the data in the Library, or campaign lists?

Thanks,
JPG

tattoocory
March 7th, 2012, 19:47
Ok, it seems I have resolved the issue with accessing my old campaign. For whatever reason, I had all my files in a different location, and when I updated to the alpha 2.9 it wasn't accessing those files because of their location. Once I moved them, it fixed the problem.

As far as the critical hits. I am using pathfinder/3.5 and yes I am using confirmation rolls. The fumbles seem to work just fine, but the natural 20 doesn't roll on the crit/fumble table the same as the natural 1.

I will keep playing around with it, it may still be something that I am doing wrong.

Also, I have disabled all extentions, I wasn't using any when I tested the alpha before.

P.S. if it is not too much to ask, is there a way you could add something (even a simple little check box or circle) for each entry on the combat tracker so that DMs could keep track of which players might be holding their turn, ect? Just a suggestion, I really don't know how many other groups play with that rule or how difficult it would be to add.

Again, thank you for your help, and all your hard work! As my tabletop group moves along, I have been slowly convincing each player to buy a copy of Fantasy Grounds, and am working on convincing one of our other DMs who currently uses the program when playing and I am DMing. It has sped up our game greatly, and made my job easier.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2012, 20:47
The request for an "On Hold" or "Delay" indicator for 3.5E and 4E is on the wish list. It just hasn't made the cut yet with all the other requests.

I looked at the critical table roll. It looks like I built it so that it only rolls on the critical table when the attacker has a target upon which the critical is confirmed. I can adjust it to make critical table rolls when no target is specified and a critical confirm roll is made.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 7th, 2012, 21:41
Bug Fixes

[3.5E] Encounter pre-placement lost when exported. Fixed.</li>

That's great that this has been fixed. :)

However, the issue with modules being merged with campaign encounters is still present in the 3.5E ruleset as described in post #6 onwards in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15799).

Would be great if we could get a fix for that too! :D

Oberoten
March 7th, 2012, 23:54
How about the /mood function?

It used to work nicely writing in a persistant mood over several sentences by putting /mood (wanted mood) on a line and then have normal speech have it attatched to subsequent lines until you reset the /mood again.

This behaviour changed with 2.8.0 and still remains a problem for as far as I know any ruleset. The broken behaviour only shows up for the GM, not for the players.

- Obe

Trenloe
March 7th, 2012, 23:58
How about the /mood function?

See post #55:

Persistent mood command not working on GM side. Fixed.

Oberoten
March 8th, 2012, 10:49
Thank you Threnloe for pointing it out and thankyou Moon for fixing it.

I am kinda surprised I misse that with how I have been watching this thread... *headshakes* I blame too much work and too little playtime.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2012, 18:42
Trenloe,

Can you send me an example campaign and module that exhibit this problem? ([email protected])

Thanks,
JPG

KhybersGhost
March 10th, 2012, 00:44
I had already created a set of custom Crit and Fumble Tables prior to this latest update. I've set it up to run these tables instead. I was wondering if there might be a way to differentiate between weapon types (I had created a separate table for Bludgeoning/Slashing/Piercing) so that it might roll the appropriate table based on the weapon being used.

All the updates have been AWESOME so far. Fantastic job.

Callum
March 10th, 2012, 09:58
So much good stuff in this update - I'm really looking forward to using it in my games!

I didn't see the swift action flag error (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15579) listed - has that been corrected?

demadog
March 10th, 2012, 20:37
Good news, I had previously reported server crashes after the first version of 2.9 and those have been resolved with the latest updates. However, during our session we may have spotted some bugs in the 4e ruleset.

1. If you collapse any of the power sections on the mini-sheet then we could not find any way to restore it besides logging out and back in again.
2. On the character sheet combat tab, the "base" defense bonus is not trying to use the higher of the two pertinent stats and instead seems to default to one of them.
3. Also on the combat tab, it seems the +crit section is not allowing for entering of multiple dice types. A second type of die seems to overwrite the first.
4. With powers, it seems that if no dice are rolled then any modifiers are ignored. I think you used to be able to trick it and roll a blank die, but that doesn't seem to work.

In a more general and certainly personal opinion, the players didn't necessarily like the changes within the powers section and how action points are represented. Also, I would prefer that the npc and encounter windows remain separate. It may be though that we just need to get used to the change. We are really enjoying all the other improvements, especially the automatic crit damage rolling. Thanks for you hard work, Al.

GeneralChaos
March 13th, 2012, 12:26
Some trouble with NPC spell sheet. In one instance I had trouble rolling the damage dice - double clicking the damage or dropping the dice onto a token did nothing (no roll). Later this started working and I was unable to replicate the problem.

Save DCs based on a stat don't work. It doesn't seem to look up the ability score, or perhaps since there's no mod listed on the sheet it doesn't check that. Concentration works fine.

Can I request an immunity to critical hits (or percentage resistance?) - if it's not already in. :)
I don't recall 3.5, but only a few types of critters are outright immune (constructs and elementals), but fortification which gives 25, 50 or 75 is relatively common - and is really easy to forget. ;)

jagarbet
March 13th, 2012, 14:29
When you drag any spell from the 3.5 Monster manual to the "spells flange" of an NPC, the spell that appears in her corresponding level its empty, no name, no description, no effects, and if you click the link to the complete spell description, its empty too.

This doesn`t happened with PC`s.

sturtus
March 14th, 2012, 22:41
For all of you Mac guys out there, have any of you looked into https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ as a solution?

Virtualization is so processor and RAM intensive, I would rather just get a cheap PC. Wine has worked VERY well for any application that does NOT use .NET.

.NET support in Wine has been spotty at best.

EugeneZ
March 17th, 2012, 09:08
My group and I used this release tonight for our game (4E). Love some of the changes! Sorry, I didn't have time to do more than skim this thread, so hopefully none of the following issues are repeats:

When holding CTRL and dragging a damage drop from the chatbox to a CT entry, instead of subtracting the damage (adding the HP back), the ruleset applies 0 damage (it has a bracketed note about minimum damage -- my guess is that a filter for minimum damage is triggering for negative numbers). This makes it much harder to undo mistakes.
When typing /die n, where n= any number, then dragging the result to the HP box, instead of adding the number as damage, it instead overwrites the amount. While that makes sense because it's consistent with the rest of FG2, it makes it much harder to arbitrarily deal damage to CT entries without creating a power. I often use such arbitrary rolls to adjust mistakes. I don't like changing the number myself because my math might be wrong and because the transaction doesn't leave a chat box entry.
The defenses (AC, Ref, Fort, Will) are using a single stat as their BASE modifier, instead of the higher of the two applicable stats. While this is easy to correct by using the stat picker, the system used to calculate this correctly.
When a critical damage expression is rolled, if the weapon used contains two or more types of damage dice in the crit damage field, only the last set of dice is used instead of all of them. For example, if you add 1d6 to the crit field and then add 1d8 as well, a critical hit should deal max damage + 1d6 + 1d8. Instead, it deals max damage + 1d8, and the 1d6 is lost. You can add as many dice as you want... say, 6d6, and the moment you add a dice of a different kind, like a d8, it only rolls that one d8 and forgets all 6d6.
The high crit keyword on weapons does not appear to add any bonus dice. The modifier still shows in brackets, so the game clearly understands the tag is there, but doesn't do anything about it.
The ruleset used to forbid a player from using multiple action points in an encounter unless you manually uncheck the box. If you tried to, you'd get a warning. With the current system, it's easy to forget whether the checkbox next to the action point power means you used it THIS encounter, or a different one...

We also have a feature request: The resizable, draggable chatbox is awesome and a long-awaited FG2 feature, but some people are complaining that it's now TOO easy to move the chatbox, especially since the middle mouse button is the push-to-talk key for some people and it invokes a drag operation. Would it be possible to create a lock option in the radial menu for the chat box to prevent it from moving after you've got it in position?

Finally, we tried to figure out the purpose of the ROLL/ACTION modifiers added to effects but couldn't figure them out. Can you please explain what they do and how they differ from SNGL/ONCE? Also, the changelog states that effect damage dice show as purple. Does this mean that sneak attack effects like DMG: 2d6 should show up purple? If so, that's not working. If not, what would trigger the purple dice?

Big thanks,
EZ

darkling
March 18th, 2012, 19:00
One of my players is having a problem running the web installer and updating. He gets this error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."

Does this not work in XP?

edit: n/m, I read the thread. :)

GeneralChaos
March 19th, 2012, 10:36
PF prob:
Trying to attack with a spell, using ranged touch, did not grab BAB, did use Dex mod though.

Client:
After opening the Effects window constantly getting about 20 instances of:
Ruleset Error: No horizontal (anchor something)
*Unable to replicate at will, might have had something to do with effects window stretching?

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2012, 19:43
First, apologies to all for my delayed responses. A combination of family illness and computer replacement left me with almost no time for logging in. The good news is that I was able to use the offline time in rewriting the new updater to not require .Net framework.

EugeneZ,

I'll add these to my list to fix. Here are some specific notes too.

CTRL key drag
I believe that this is how it has been working for some time, but I'd have to double-check. I'll have to review usage, as it might be challenging to change this without impacting how regular usage works.

Die command results drag
If dropped on the wounds field, this should be treated as damage. I'll review.

Action point usage
I'll have to think about this. I think that Action Point makes much more sense to be placed in powers list, but that is definitely an unintended consequence.

Draggable chat box
I actually thought about this also, but I wanted to get some real world feedback before making any further changes. It seems like a locked/unlocked state would be helpful for you guys.

Purple dice
Yes, DMG:2d6 should show up as purple. I'll check it out.

ACTION vs. ROLL
* The "Action" option applies to one or more rolls triggered by a user action.
* The "Roll" option applies to a single roll triggered by a user action.
* These modes do not affect expiration.
* Ex: When taking an action that involves multiple rolls (i.e. burst/blast attacks), the action mode would apply to all the rolls, while the roll mode would apply to a single roll.

SINGLE vs. ONCE
* The "Single" option applies each effect modifier one time, and removes the individual effect modifiers from the effect string as they are used. When the last effect modifier is removed, then the effect is removed.
* The "Once" option applies any effect modifier in the string once, then expires the entire effect.
* If there is only a single effect modifier in the effect string, they perform identically.
* Ex: Example effect is "ATK:2; DMG:2". With "Single" mode, the effect modifiers would be applied to both the next attack and damage rolls. With "Once" mode, only one of the effect modifiers would be applied before the effect expired, depending on which roll came first.

As you can tell, there are a lot of different effect "types" in 4E that require these permutations.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2012, 19:45
GeneralChaos,

Thanks for the reports.

On the script errors, can you copy to the clipboard next time you see them so I can get an example? Also, are you running any extensions? (i.e. all extensions will be broken for the moment, including themes)

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 24th, 2012, 00:12
Today's Release

[UPDATER] Updater rewritten to remove .Net Framework requirement. (i.e. should work fine for Linux/Mac/XP users)
[UPDATER] Mode setting not being used correctly when retrieving packages in settings dialog. Fixed.
[CHARCONVERT] "StartIndex cannot be less than zero." Fixed.

JPG

dr_venture
March 24th, 2012, 19:43
Hey Moon, just a quick idea: if there's any way to make the Modifiers box draggable/repositionable, that alone would help me out, more than a draggable chat panel. I have at least 2 players with laptops where the modifier box appears underneath the bottom of the chat panel. Just the ability to somehow relocate that modifier box, even between maybe predefined positions, would improve those player's experiences significantly.

I suppose that a draggable chat panel would solve the issue, but on a smallish screen, the only place to put it that doesn't interfere with either the Modifier box on the left or the main button panel on the right would be in the middle, which is where the pictures tend to go. Maybe that would work ok - I'd have to have them try it out.

demadog
March 25th, 2012, 19:04
I'm getting the follow system error after trying to grab the latest update;

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I'm running windows 7 pro 64bit. If I copy in an older version of the Updater, then it seems to be able to complete the update.

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2012, 19:26
dr_venture,

One of the items I'm looking at is the usability of the movable panel windows (i.e. new chat box). I'm thinking that they need a lock/unlock capability, so that players can reposition but that they stay locked. Of course, that also means I need to add a UI for that capability, or make it a radial menu option. Once I nail that down, I can look at making the modifier box movable.

Of course, this capability will need to be added by each ruleset, since each ruleset controls whether panels/windows are movable and resizable.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2012, 20:14
demadog,

I'm at a loss on that one, since the error shouldn't be occurring for the way I compiled the program. I double-checked the settings, rebuilt the updater file, and pushed to the server.

If you can't run the one on your machine, can you try running the one from the web installer link in the first post of this thread.

If it's still an issue, I'll have to do some more investigating.

Thanks,
JPG

KhybersGhost
March 26th, 2012, 01:05
Getting an error while trying to update .... (interrupts update)

HandleFile: Unable to save file (fantasygrounds.exe)

EDIT

Rebooted PC - Updated correctly

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2012, 01:26
It sounds like Fantasy Grounds is still running in the background.

Can you check your Task Manager and look for Fantasy Grounds processes to stop? Or you can try rebooting, then running the updater?

Regards,
JPG

Oberoten
March 26th, 2012, 17:12
Some problems with portrait selection...

Script Error: [string "portraitselection_entry:portrait"]:1: activate: Invalid parameter 1

Seems to affect older rulesets based on the old D20 base.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2012, 21:17
Which ruleset does this error come from? Did it happen when someone logged in (or a different event)?

Thanks,
JPG

Oberoten
March 26th, 2012, 23:12
Choosing a character portrait in either the ADD or Ars Magic, Call of Cthulhu, Savage World or BRP ruleset gives the same error.

In fact I'd bet it affects any ruleset that uses the old method for puting a character-portrait on the character.

Script Error: [string "portraitselection_entry:portrait"]:1: activate: Invalid parameter 1

- Obe

demadog
March 27th, 2012, 01:15
Hi JPG,

I was finally able to solve my "MSVCR100.dll is missing" problem by installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). My system had 2008 and 2010 x64 packages loaded, but after installing the x86 the updater is running as expected.

Al

Moon Wizard
March 27th, 2012, 05:57
Strange, it's supposed to be statically linked since I have the /MT linker option set.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2012, 04:20
Update

All chat window text is now draggable.
Added /random # command for all rulesets.
Chat window not updating correctly when using mouse wheel to scroll. Fixed.
Voting windows are sometimes too tall. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Chat window position locked by default. Can be unlocked for moving/sizing using radial menu.
[3.5E/4E] Desktop modifier box can be unlocked for moving.
[3.5E/4E] Critical table roll made when no target and roll is in crit range.
[3.5E/4E] Script errors when viewing campaign effects on client. Fixed.
[3.5E] NPC setting for Critical Confirmation option
[3.5E] Added properties field to PC weapon entries
[3.5E] If weapon entry has the Touch property, then all attacks made with the weapon will be touch attacks.
[3.5E] Spells with the harmless tag in the Saving Throw field will no longer automatically add a save roll when added.
[3.5E] Added SR Allowed option to spell cast action.
[3.5E] Spell attack rolls missing combat attack bonus modifiers. Fixed.
[4E] Defenses not using best of 2 abilities for calculation of total defense. Fixed.
[4E] PC weapon/focus critical dice not all being used if mixed dice types. Fixed.
[4E] High crit dice not being added to critical damage rolls. Fixed.
[4E] Effect dice for damage rolls not being shown in purple. Fixed.
[4E] Dropping numbers on CT wounds script error and set value incorrectly. Fixed.
[4E] Death save critical script error. Fixed.
[DEV] panel - Added locked tag
[DEV] Module replaces tag not working as intended. Fixed.

JPG

unerwünscht
March 28th, 2012, 06:39
I have my weekly nWoD game switching over to the test version for future games to help test. Is there anything in particular that you want tested to hell and back in 3rd party rulesets?

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2012, 07:25
I think I'm going to start calling it beta with the next cycle. I ran my last 2 Savage Worlds games with it without a hitch.

At this point, I'm looking for coverage from Mac/Linux users (especially with the updater), as well as all non 3.5E/4E rulesets.

Testing with nWOD is great.

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
March 28th, 2012, 09:21
I think I'm going to start calling it beta with the next cycle. I ran my last 2 Savage Worlds games with it without a hitch.

At this point, I'm looking for coverage from Mac/Linux users (especially with the updater), as well as all non 3.5E/4E rulesets.

Testing with nWOD is great.

Thanks,
JPG

JPG - Both the latest Web Installer and standard updater tool, appear to be working well with CrossOver 10.2 under Mac OSX 10.7.3. (Not sure what happened the first time I ran the new updater but the paths issue seems to be resolved - existing app directory and app data folders are correctly found).

Some minor comments:

- when launched the Standard Installer immediately launches into an update whereas the WebInstaller does not.
- Notes - the Notes banner tab and first entry in the Notes windowlist is being rendered 2-3 pixels below the top of the scroll (instead of being immediately below) - this creates an ugly gap which is not present in the other campaign window lists.
- The campaign Encounter window list will not accept the drop of a reference Skill Challenge.
- Under Mac/CrossOver - Maximising the FGII desktop window to Full Screen and then returning to windowed mode results in the top bar of the X window containing FGII and (sometimes) the bottom half of the hotkeys to disappear. This results in no controls to close the window.
- Metal theme is missing my black versions of the NPC power attack symbols and some other graphics (I presume these were not included due to concerns surrounding IP infringement?) - If so I'll update the Metal Pro theme extension for 2.9

phantomwhale
March 28th, 2012, 11:23
I accidently ran the updater in my unregistered version (on a WinXP Virtual Machine) and downgraded it to 2.8.1

Now I can't see to get it back to 2.9 at all - I've tried the Web Installler and Upgrade Link (both linked earlier in this thread) as well as just downloading it fresh and reinstalling.

Every tool I try keeps giving me the "setProcessDPIAware cannot be found in User32.dll" error, which sounds like the multi-touch handling bug which was fixed.

Can I be a pain and ask for a step-by-step guide on getting FG 2.9 (alpha) unregistered installed on a fresh XP machine (SP3 with DirectX 9 pre-installed - that was my problem last time).

-PW-

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2012, 20:18
Oberoten,

I just found the portrait selection script error. I had to create a new campaign before it showed up.

DrZ,

* The Notes banner graphic was 2 pixels bigger for some reason. I'll clip it.
* Will look into skill challenge drop
* Not sure what is going on with maximize/restore in Crossover. FG sets the window style to restore the standard window frame when restored from full screen (same code as 2.8.1)
* For the Metal Pro theme, perhaps we can ask community what they prefer for the other graphics. It would be nice to have a single theme, so that you don't need to maintain extension.

Phantomwhale,

Run the web installer download in first post. Since you are running without command line parameters that FG adds, it should not start automatically. Choose Settings and make sure you are configured for Test mode. If it automatically starts updating for some reason, click Cancel quickly, then check your settings.

The web installer/updater determines whether FG is installed depending on whether the FantasyGrounds.exe application is located in the FG2 app directory. So, worst case, uninstall (or delete/rename main app), then run web installer.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
March 28th, 2012, 23:46
Moon_Wizard, I was talking to some of my players last weekend in one of my 4E games on syncing up the shown die rolls on the server and clients. I had several players suggest there be an option that all client chat window sizes be locked to the same size as the host's chat window on the understanding that this would usually mean everyone would see the same roll. The players in that game cared more about everyone seeing the same rolls show up on the dice than having a individually re-sizable chat windows.

After your improvements to the chat window, does having everyone with the same size chat window make it more likely everyone in the group will see the same number on a throw die? And if so would it be possible add an option to slave chat window size on the clients to the master in 2.9? I was thinking the Host would resize the chat window on his machine and then after the players all told him it fit on their FG desktop the host would just lock the size and forget it until someone new joined the group with a smaller screen size.

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2012, 01:12
Theoretically, the dice results should be the same on the host and client machine as long as the dice positions, initial vectors and table boundaries are the same. That is what the original developers used as their assumption, as the rest is just physics modelling. There might be some corner cases by platform, but generally these are the controlling factors. With the addition of a resizable chat window, the table boundaries can vary, which I believe is causing most of the issues.

I have actually been considering whether to pass the table boundary information with each roll (to match the chat window size of the dice thrower), instead of trying to synch/lock chat window sizes. It seems like it would be a similar amount of work, but it would be a better experience.

Cheers,
JPG

KhybersGhost
March 29th, 2012, 01:13
setprocessDPIAware error during update?

phantomwhale
March 29th, 2012, 01:22
setprocessDPIAware error during update?

That's what I reported only 4 posts ago (look up :)) - maybe your looking for the same solution (3 posts up - although I haven't had time to try it myself yet). If you have a different setup, or followed different steps, then I'd add more info here so that moon_wizard can better assist.

phantomwhale
March 29th, 2012, 01:24
Oberoten,
I just found the portrait selection script error. I had to create a new campaign before it showed up.

Interesting, that would explain why I couldn't find it either !

Let me know if I need a code change in SWEX - I'm doing a bunch of stuff for SW Deluxe compatibility at the moment, so will be looking at a new mini-release to accompany 2.9 going live anyhow.

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2012, 03:07
I am going to pull the SetProcessDPIAware function, since I don't think it actually changed anything. The original reason is to make sure that the updater scaled with different DPI settings, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything when I change my DPI settings. I figured that leaving it in wouldn't hurt, but I guess it did. ;)

JPG

Blackfoot
March 29th, 2012, 05:25
I'm not running test mode currently so I can't check it myself... but has the issue with copying spells been dealt with?

If you copy a spell that has modified functions or a 'new' spell to another character sheet or a different spell level it resets all the workings to the basic casting and doesn't carry any of the stuff along with it.

Oberoten
March 29th, 2012, 20:07
Oberoten,

Excellent. :) Sorry for the lack of quick responses, work is hell lately. (78 hour work-week)

- Obe

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2012, 21:58
Today's Update Notes

Software

Hot keys no longer automatically deleted when shortcut on hot key is invalid.
Some lists were incorrectly merging campaign and module information. Fixed.
Shortcuts to module records were incorrectly opening campaign records in some cases. Fixed.
Script error when double-clicking on portrait window in some rulesets. Fixed.
Module replaces tag not working when common module not installed on player machine. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Dragging damage roll result from chat window to combatant while holding CTRL key will heal that amount instead.
[3.5E/4E] Gap above campaign notes banner graphic in campaign notes window. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Dragging roll results onto combat tracker entries not working. Fixed.
[4E] Dropping skill challenge reference links onto campaign encounters window incorrectly added NPC entry instead of encounter entry. Fixed.
[DEV] Debug package added. (Debug.chat, Debug.console) Debug extension no longer needed.

Updater

Added products to auto-updater:
Docs for Savage Worlds
Docs for Deadlands Reloaded setting
Savage Worlds themes (Sci Fi, Fantasy, Modern)
Savage Worlds settings (Sundered Skies, Hellfrost)
Savage Worlds accessories (Fantasy Companion, Hellfrost Player's Guide, Hellfrost Bestiary, Perilous Places & Serious Situations)
BRP ruleset
BRP accessories (Basic Magic, Basic Creatures, Witchcraft)
Call of Cthulhu accessories (Mythos Magic)
Castles and Crusades accessories (Castellan's Guide to Arms & Armor, The Black Libram of Natarus)
Launches install automatically after settings set
Removed SetProcessDPIAware call for Linux/Mac users.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2012, 22:00
Blackfoot,

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say modified functions. Are you talking about the text fields for the spell, the actions that are created when the ruleset parses, or something else?

Also, where are you copying between? Between classes? Between characters? Something else?

Thanks,
JPG

demadog
March 30th, 2012, 14:59
JPG,

Just and update, 2 more players from our Thursday night group had the "MSVCR100.dll is missing" problem. One on XP and a second on Win 7. Both times the x86 redistributable C++ package fixed it. The 4 other players had no issues. All of us loving the improvements. thanks!

Al

Blackfoot
March 31st, 2012, 17:21
Blackfoot,

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say modified functions. Are you talking about the text fields for the spell, the actions that are created when the ruleset parses, or something else?

Also, where are you copying between? Between classes? Between characters? Something else?

Thanks,
JPG
I'm talking about the various things that a spell can 'do' on the actions tab... it defaults with 'cast' but there are 3 other options, damage, effects, healing... if you copy a modified or created spell to anywhere else.. to another character, to another class, to another spell level... these all get wiped back to the basic 'cast'.
I don't know about everyone else, but I love this function and use it for much more than just spells. I tend to set up a bank of things for fighters and other classes as well... 'charge', 'full defense', 'fighting defensively'... and so on.. so it's nice to be able to copy spells with their 'effects' between characters.

phantomwhale
April 1st, 2012, 09:40
I am going to pull the SetProcessDPIAware function, since I don't think it actually changed anything. The original reason is to make sure that the updater scaled with different DPI settings, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything when I change my DPI settings. I figured that leaving it in wouldn't hurt, but I guess it did. ;)

JPG

So I just tried downloading the web installer (on the first post) again (2.58MB file) and running it on my Windows XP VM (which I fully uninstalled FGII from).

But I'm still getting the SetProcessDPIAware DLL error I listed a dozen posts ago ?

Do we need an updated version of the web installer ? Bit worried I'm the only one getting the error, but then maybe I'm the only one trying to get an unregistered second client working (as I need it to test the network image / db sharing glitches and improvements that SWEX is going to make use of).

-PW-

Blackfoot
April 1st, 2012, 15:20
Noticed a minor bug (typo really) this morning in the PF Basic Rules 'Skills' section... for Knowledge under the listing 'Table: Knowledge Skill DCs'

'Identify underground hazard'

Has an extra (blank) column in it which is throwing off the entire table.
the extra column is between the words 'hazard' and 'Dungeoneering'

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2012, 18:27
Phantomwhale,

That's just me forgetting to update the web installer link. I just created a shortcut link on the server, so it should automatically update going forward.

Blackfoot,

I've added to my fix list.

Thanks,
JPG

EugeneZ
April 7th, 2012, 06:33
JPG,

Thanks for the bug fixes! Today's game went much better, enjoying the new functionality.

One of my players complained about seeing the following script error repeated over and over:

Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_powerlist.lua"]:208: attempt to index
field 'powermode' (a nil value)

It happens whenever he would click the name of a power on his main character sheet (but not the mini sheet). It also happened when *I* would click the power names, though the errors still appeared only for him, not for me.

kleinksw
April 7th, 2012, 21:14
Just trying to install 2.9 (alpha). I downloaded the test mode manager and ran the file. However, when I click "Test" it won't stay depressed so that I can download the alpha update. It's likely that I'm missing something blatantly obvious, but any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

KhybersGhost
April 8th, 2012, 00:11
I found if you go directly into your install directory and run the UpdaterEngine.exe located there its much simpler. Click on the Settings button, then select Test below. Run update.

unerwünscht
April 8th, 2012, 18:29
EDIT (JPG): Removed third party link for DLL files. See following post.

JPG,

Just and update, 2 more players from our Thursday night group had the "MSVCR100.dll is missing" problem. One on XP and a second on Win 7. Both times the x86 redistributable C++ package fixed it. The 4 other players had no issues. All of us loving the improvements. thanks!

Al

Downloaded and checked with AVAST anti-virus, clean on my end. But I ALWAYS suggest you check with a scan for yourself, don't ever trust anyone that says 'Hey it is clean'.

Moon Wizard
April 9th, 2012, 20:13
Here is a link to an MS forum answer which contains links to the official installers for all the MSVC resdistributable files.

MS Link (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/the-program-cant-start-becuase-msvcr100dll-is/5c9d301a-2191-4edb-916e-5e4958558090)

The next beta update for the updater should remove this dependency.

Regards,
JPG

kleinksw
April 9th, 2012, 23:53
I found if you go directly into your install directory and run the UpdaterEngine.exe located there its much simpler. Click on the Settings button, then select Test below. Run update.

Hmmm... just get "Getting package listing. Done!" Oh well. I'll wait 'til 2.9 goes to full release.

Dakadin
April 19th, 2012, 06:31
I've been testing the Rolemaster Classic ruleset with version 2.9 and I've noticed 2 issues so far. One of them is minor but the other one is major.

The minor issue occurs when trying to open a spell list. I was able to track it down to when it is trying to create a windows to fill in the missing levels of the spell list. The error occurs in the onInit function of the spelllist windowlist within the spelllist windowclass of adventure_spelllists.xml. I've been able to validate the error on line 214 of adventure_spelllists.xml. I am pretty sure the error would occur on lines 219, 223 and 227 but I couldn't find any spell lists that were missing level 25, 30 or 50 spells.

The major issue occurs when trying to open the combat tracker. FG crashes before the window loads. I was able to track it down to line 71 of the getSummary function of the combattracker_effects.lua file.

The problems might be from the same root cause but I am unsure why the combat tracker error crashes FG except for possibly the fact that it uses a lot more resources and takes more cycles to fully load the combat tracker.

Did something change in how the windowlist.createWindow function works? I noticed that there was an issue with the windowlist.createWindowWithClass function that occurred with the nWoD ruleset so it might be related to that. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any more information.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2012, 03:22
Moving to beta mode with the update this evening. No more new features (whew!), and working to squash bugs, rework themes and get everything pretty again.

NOTE: Everyone in your group will need to update to use newest beta version or else dice rolls will not work or cause FG to crash.

Changes

Size differences between client and host chat window caused client rolls to not match host rolls. Fixed.
Screenshots not working in multi-monitor configurations. Fixed.
Radial menu display not updating when navigating across sub menus. Fixed.
Horizontal/Vertical resize arrows incorrectly appearing below/right of window. Fixed.
Resize arrows not appearing when window contained an image. Fixed.
Module overrides still being applied even if module changed. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Party sheet
[3.5E/4E] Conditional effects (IF and IFT)
[3.5E/4E] Snap to grid option can be enabled/disabled on a per image basis.
[3.5E/4E] Resize graphic added to lower right corner of windows which can be resized.
[3.5E] In PFRPG mode, 0-level spells no longer show preparation or casting counts.
[3.5E] Added odd and even CL option to effect durations in spells.
[3.5E] NPC notes layout adjusted.
[3.5E] Titles in formatted notes (items, npcs, tables) changed to black text.
[3.5E] School field label added in character spell details.
[3.5E] In PFRPG mode, alignment field no longer shown in NPC entries.
[3.5E] Unable to cast level 0 psionic powers. Fixed.
[3.5E] Misaligned column in PFRPG Basic Rules module under Skills - Knowledge. Fixed.
[4E] Power type icons changed to easier to see B&W symbols.
[4E] Note layout adjusted.
[4E] Power links in feat descriptions were missing text. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when using character mini sheet power list. Fixed.
[SW] Library books were not visible. Fixed.
[DEV] When changing grid type, token orientation is automatically set to 8 or 12, respectively.
[DEV] Added distance tag to ruleset definition (base, diagmult, suffix, pointer(type, mult))
[DEV] imagecontrol: Added functions: setGridSnap, getGridSnap; Added tag: defaultsnap
[DEV] Image grid snap status undefined until set by imagecontrol with defaultsnap tag or user via radial menu
[DEV] Built-in grid snap and vector/pointer measurement support (just remove callbacks, and set distance tags)
[DEV] framedef.insideoffset tag added to specify resize arrow offsets for resizable windows.
[DEV] scrollbarcontrol.setTarget function added
[DEV] windowcontrol.backcolor tag and windowcontrol.setBackColor function added
[DEV] windowclass.backcolor tag and windowinstance.setBackColor function added
[DEV] windowlist.childframe -> windowlist.child.frame
[DEV] windowlist.child.backcolor added
[DEV] windowlist.filteron and windowlist.filter tags added
[DEV] windowlist.getWindowCount function added
[DEV] Removed DB.getIntactRulesetVersion and databasenode.getIntactRulesetVersion
[DEV] Add DB.getChildren and DB.getChildCount
[DEV] Add textwidget.setColor
[DEV] Add windowlist.onGainFocus and windowlist.onLoseFocus events
[DEV] Add windowlist.hasFocus and windowlist.setFocus functions
[DEV] Changed behavior of color tags. If alpha set to zero (or not set), it will be set to xFF instead.
[DEV] Changed initial onListRearranged event for windowlists to occur after all controls in parent window have been initialized.
[DEV] windowreferencecontrol incorrectly used window node when activating, even when value set. Fixed.
[UPDATER] Removed MSVCR100.dll dependency.
[UPDATER] When launched via Start Menu, the updater no longer automatically starts.

JPG

phantomwhale
April 26th, 2012, 03:28
[DEV] Changed initial onListRearranged event for windowlists to occur after all controls in parent window have been initialized.

Think this hurt me a few times when rebuilding the SWEX combat tracker to support nested enemies - might see if I can remove some of the LUA-based flags I employed to get around this now ! Nice one.

Some other good DEV stuff in there too (onFocus etc...) - excellent

adminwheel3
April 29th, 2012, 07:48
It appears that some portion of the enhanced images add-on is being included in 2.9, but I'm not seeing any additional layers available. Is this intentional? I'm missing the ability to have room objects on a separate layer very badly.