PDA

View Full Version : Modifiers and Effects windows

Erdrix
February 29th, 2012, 16:53
I've been searching the forum trying to figure out how to use the effects and modifiers in the pathfinder rule set and have found that they seemed to do a lot of stuff, but no clear indication on how to actually do it.

For effects I get that I can make one that says stunned, type in a two in the box next to it and determine if it's for a round a minute, an hour etc... Looking at the manual on the site it has a list of labels, conditions and modifiers, but it doesn't say what exactly to do with them. Where do I enter that information? The only thing I see on my effects window is a place to put a title. Does all that information go on that line?

In my modifiers window on the right I have a place to add new modifiers, but on the right is a series of buttons labeled, touch, part. cover, cover and so on, that don't seem to do anything, what's up with those?

If I wanted to make an entry for cover, which is +4 to AC, would I do that with the modifiers or effects and how would i go about setting that up, so when I applied it to a character they actually receive the +4 AC bonus?

I'm sorry for needing a step by step explanation, looking at the forum and the manual, I'm just not grasping it.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 01:13
There is a few sections of the online user manual that covers how effects work.

Applying effects from character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/player_charsheet_35E.xcp)

Applying effects from campaign effects window (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/gm_effects.xcp)

Details of effect options (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp)

Make sure to scroll down in order to see all the subsections available for each page on the left.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 01:17
To answer your specific questions,

1. The effect line is a place to put all the effects or just description text. For standard effects, such as Stunned, the ruleset will apply the modifiers as listed in the effects section of the manual. See the manual for how to put effects together.

2. The modifier buttons are used to modify attack and damage rolls made on the client who presses the button. For example, if you press the cover button, then the next attack roll will assume the target has cover and apply the appropriate modifier.

3. The effect in this case would be "COVER" or "AC: 4". You can set effects to only apply once before expiring, set for a period of time, or set indefinitely. See the manual for how the toggle options work.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
JPG

Erdrix
March 1st, 2012, 16:48
Thank you for the response.

I do have another question, though it is unrelated to my original post. Does the reset individual token scaling not work? I have a couple of different sizes going and that option doesn't seem to do anything.

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 19:26
There are 2 sizes at work. There is the map-token ratio, and the individual token scale. The map ratio is set using the Lock Token Scale radial menu option, and the individual token scale is applied on top of that. The Reset option just resets the individual scale back to 100%. You can adjust the individual scale by holding CTRL while using the mouse wheel over the token.

Regards,
JPG

Erdrix
March 1st, 2012, 23:33
Sweet! Thank you!