PDA

View Full Version : Grid Resize and Playing without a grid?

Yospeck
February 29th, 2012, 04:35
So I'm playing a Game of Thrones campaign, which has meant butchering the old d20_JPG ruleset as 3.5 and 4e just has waaaay too many things to change/hide/delete for my incapable hands to do it without breaking everything :)

However, I do have two questions:

1) The default on the map is 5' for each square, how do I change it to 1' per square (as I didn't use the MyQuest extension I don't have the myqscript.lua file I found in the FGII userguide)?

2) And, honestly this would be great to try out, but is it possible hide the grid altogether/make the grid lines totally transparent so that I don't have to use "squares" and can be more free form with direction instead of players moving in squares? I know you can just opt to not have the grid on, but when you do this it doesn't give any measurement to your movement/arrow markers (and I've found no way around this).

I'm due to start my new campaign on Friday, so if anyone could clue me in before then it would be most appreciated :)

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2012, 01:05
I think the original script file was named imagewindow_image.lua. If you search for the number 5 by itself in that file, you should be able to find where the pointer text gets output. Look for onMeasurePointer and onMeasureVector.

There is no way to change the look of the grid in FG currently. It's either on or off.

Regards,
JPG

Yospeck
March 1st, 2012, 03:42
*thumbs up* Appreciated :D