PDA

View Full Version : problem for the host

ascasa
February 28th, 2012, 16:12
hey guys I'm new on this site , but i already have a problem :P I've a licensed ultimate version of fantasy grounds 2 , but when my player try to connect they have the same problem " network error during host license check" that is strange because i bought the program and i have still the package to prove it, so can anyone please tell me why? and then , when my players try to connect FF ask to them a Host address, i have told to my gamers to inserrt my IP number , it is correct ? Thanks to anybody

GunnarGreybeard
February 28th, 2012, 17:14
They should be able to connect using either the IP or the Alias. When you test the connection in the Load Campaign screen on your machine do you get a success?

In my case I have multiple machines on my home network so I have to make sure that my laptop's internal IP is the same IP I have showing in the Address Information section of the Load Campaign screen. If not I have to change the IP associated with port 1802 on my router setup to match my laptop's IP so that all 3 are the same, otherwise I get test failures.

EDIT: This post pretty much explains the same situation I have. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=103989&postcount=60)

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2012, 20:55
An Internet connection is required when connecting an Unregistered version to an Ultimate version. If the Internet connection fails to connect to our servers to perform the license check, you will see that error message on the Unregistered version.

Regards,
JPG

gmkieran
March 1st, 2012, 15:18
GunnarGreybeard, any machine on your local network should be able to connect using "Localhost" in place of the IP/Alias. That avoids the whole port issue and the need for re-setting IPs.

Cheers!
GMK

GunnarGreybeard
March 1st, 2012, 17:01
GunnarGreybeard, any machine on your local network should be able to connect using "Localhost" in place of the IP/Alias. That avoids the whole port issue and the need for re-setting IPs.I was referring to the test connection in FG for the outside connection. The one that needs to be successful for others to connect and for any updates to process.

ascasa
March 1st, 2012, 17:19
I solved thanks