PDA

View Full Version : opening fantasy grounds

blackbeard1235
February 27th, 2012, 19:45
I just got a new computer and everything works fine. However when I try to double click on the fantasy grounds icon it will not open. I have uninstalled and redownloaded it 3 times and it still does not load when trying to open it. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

madman
February 27th, 2012, 21:10
Not sure what version of windows you are running, but I would try (Right click>Run As Administrator) and see if that works. Otherwise I would run Regedit and remove any trace you can find of Fantasy Grounds and re-install again.

Chris

Trenloe
February 27th, 2012, 22:25
I just got a new computer and everything works fine. However when I try to double click on the fantasy grounds icon it will not open. I have uninstalled and redownloaded it 3 times and it still does not load when trying to open it. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
Probably related to what Madman says... If you're running Windows 7, when you start FG2 you may see a little "shield" icon or similar message flashing in the task bar at the bottom of your screen (very easy to miss). Click on this and press OK/Yes and FG2 should open.

I do what Madman has mentioned - make it run as Administrator as this will help update complete correctly etc..

blackbeard1235
February 29th, 2012, 23:25
ok trying to remove and reload. I am actually running XP if that helps any.

gmkieran
March 1st, 2012, 15:15
Blackbeard, XP doesn't usually have the admin issue unless you regularly log into a user account that isn't admin? If you do, definitely log in as admin when downloading, installing and running FG. Are you attempting to run the installation file or the program file, once installation has completed?

DrJonesDk
March 10th, 2012, 08:11
I have been experiencing extremely slow startup times for FG. I'm running Windows 7 and have recently started to create a campaign. In the Task Manager Window I can see that the process seems to be doing nothing.

ddavison
March 10th, 2012, 17:44

Double-check your task manager and make sure there are not instances of FantasyGrounds.exe running already. End Task on any that appear and then re-launch the app again after a 15 seconds or so. It is rare, but I've seen a copy stay resident but non-visible before and that caused problems.