PDA

View Full Version : I'm Australian and I am Interested in FG

Argol228
February 24th, 2012, 17:29
Hi, I am very interested in this system but when it comes to PnP I am an utter noob having grown up with Computer RPGs instead. I have always wanted to play PnP games but never had the friends that would be into it. again due to my friends and I growing up with PCs and consoles.

While I have a very flexible time schedule I wouldn't want to be up until 5am all the time for games.

I would probably need to be heavily guided for my first few times playing.

dr_venture
February 24th, 2012, 18:00
What's your GMT offset?

Have you played the older RPG-style "Knights Of The Old Republic" or "Neverwinter Nights" or "Baldur's Gate" games? The game mechanics in those games are *very* strongly based off of a couple of different versions of D&D - the main difference is that the whole process of the game is mostly automated. I'm sure there are other examples, but at least with those games in particular, if you jumped into a PnP version of the game, you'd find it very familiar.

I'm guessing that the transition to PnP won't be a difficult one - the main differences are just that combat time is broken into 'rounds' so that lots of actions and movements can be coordinated... and that in a PnP world you can do anything that you can imagine, not just what the software has been programmed for. You shouldn't have too much trouble adjusting, I would guess.

Argol228
February 24th, 2012, 18:47
What's your GMT offset?

Have you played the older RPG-style "Knights Of The Old Republic" or "Neverwinter Nights" or "Baldur's Gate" games? The game mechanics in those games are *very* strongly based off of a couple of different versions of D&D - the main difference is that the whole process of the game is mostly automated. I'm sure there are other examples, but at least with those games in particular, if you jumped into a PnP version of the game, you'd find it very familiar.

I'm guessing that the transition to PnP won't be a difficult one - the main differences are just that combat time is broken into 'rounds' so that lots of actions and movements can be coordinated... and that in a PnP world you can do anything that you can imagine, not just what the software has been programmed for. You shouldn't have too much trouble adjusting, I would guess.
gmt +10 I believe it is supposed to be and yes i am a big fan of NWN and baldurs.

Chris_Seal
February 24th, 2012, 19:54
Hi Argol,

I'm in NZ and am setting up a Tuesday night Rolemaster classic game. Its still a few weeks away but if you are interested PM me :).

Cheers
Chris

damned
February 24th, 2012, 21:32
NZ timed games should be good being only 2hours apart.
Im running a late night Castles&Crusades (old school D&D) game every second Saturday. We are just kicking off the new campaign starting next Saturday but right now I would say we are full... however - in this timeslot I do tend to get a couple of dropouts... If you are interested in a game that runs 10pm -(max)2am let me know.

iowyn
February 25th, 2012, 08:33
I'm in the UK, but run a game for a bunch of guys on Saturday nights GMT+11, at about 6-8pm start times.
You're welcome to have a look, dnd 4E games. We're only just starting out our campaign at the moment too.

spoofer
February 25th, 2012, 12:38
Hi there,

I am in a 4e game on Sunday evenings GMT+9 from 8:30 to 11:30. I guess that would be 9:30 p.m. your time.

We just started a full campaign about two weeks ago. We are two expats living in Japan and one in China. If you are interested, please message me.

Kevin

Ardem
February 29th, 2012, 03:21
Every 2-3rd Sunday night at 7.30pm Rolemaster FRP (+10). I have one spot available.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=757

It is good to see the +10 timezone thriving.