PDA

View Full Version : Old School Feel, (New Games Starting)

madman
February 24th, 2012, 05:28
I am curious how many people would want to play in some Old school D&D or AD&D adventures that have been converted for Pathfinder. These games would be like 4 hours long, and some of them may run over into two or three sessions. The idea is more of a pickup style game. Short notice jump in and play type of thing. Not Sure what days they are going to be. Mon-Sat After 7PM EST most of the time, and might be 2 or more times a week. I am in the planning stages at this point and checking for interest. Seems to me like there ought to be like 50 people who could be around on any given day of the week to play. And could jump in once in awhile.

Chris

Anything that is official Paizo/Pathfinder is ok to use. Don't make RP characters that will not survive. Make viable characters that you can roleplay. NO BROKEN CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED. (You know what I am saying if you made one)

25 Point Buy (only one stat at 8). If any
2 Traits.
Hit Points Max 1st Level + Avg. (1/2+1) after.
Free Trained Skills (Profession (pick one...), Knowledge (Local) 1 Rank/level each.
Starting Gold 3000 lvl 3, 10,500, lvl 5, 23,500 lvl 7.
Max item value 2500 3rd lvl, 4500,5th lvl, 8500 7th lvl.
If you need help with your characters then find me on Skype(madmanfg2) and please tell me who you are when you send a contact request.

Schmacky
February 27th, 2012, 05:00
I'm interested, though, as fair warning, this is my first time trying out Fantasy Grounds. I have played, and GMed, quite a few RPG's (Pathfinder included) before so at least I won't be learning the ropes of two things at once.

madman
February 27th, 2012, 21:33
With someone at the wheel that knows the stuff, FG is not that hard to pick up.
First Game is going to be next week, not sure of the day yet.

Will post when I have more Info for you all.
Just a side note: Should anyone decide to make characters (1@3rd, 5th, 7th) will put you ahead of the game.

Anything that is official Paizo/Pathfinder is ok to use. Don't make RP characters that will not survive. Make viable characters that you can roleplay. NO BROKEN CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED. (You know what I am saying if you made one)

25 Point Buy (only one stat at 8).
2 Traits.
Hit Points Max 1st Level + Avg. (1/2+1) after.
Free Trained Skills (Profession (pick one...), Knowledge (Local) 1 Rank each.
Starting Gold 3000 lvl 3, 10,500, lvl 5, 23,500 lvl 7.
Max item value 2500 3rd lvl, 4500,5th lvl, 8500 7th lvl.
If you need help with your characters then find me on Skype(madmanfg2) and please tell me who you are when you send a contact request.

Chris

madman
March 6th, 2012, 05:16
Going to try for Friday this week, March 9 @ 7:45-8 PM EST.

3rd level Characters, so please try to have one at least on paper so it can be entered quickly.

First come first serve as far as open slots, will allow up to 6 players. I think two spots are filled, four more players may join. We will be using Teamspeak 3 for voice chat, please download and install this before the game. Connection info to follow.

Hope to meet some new people.

Chris

Direshadow
March 6th, 2012, 08:14
If you are doing any AD&D adventures converted into Pathfinder adventures, I would love for you to share the results. I'm currently undergoing the huge process of converting the Monstrous Arcana Evil Tide trilogy for Pathfinder. I remember that was the best adventure I ever had, and I want to share it with my group.

Thanks!

Also, I would join, but I run my game on friday :(

Once again, still looking to play on Fantasy Grounds, any day except Friday! Old veteran here!

madman
March 6th, 2012, 14:18
Could do it Thursday?
Friday was just to give people a couple of days. I'm good with it either way.

People, tell me what you think.
Link to the calendar entry is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=759)

Chris

Direshadow
March 6th, 2012, 22:12
yeah Thursday is fine.

balrik
March 7th, 2012, 00:51
time thursday dude??

madman
March 7th, 2012, 02:21
Sorry, same time as it would have been Friday 7:30 EST.

Chris

Direshadow
March 7th, 2012, 17:11
Awesome. I just signed up. I'm excited to start building. If you need any SPECIFIC character you should tell me. I have never played a cleric before, which might be fun!

Zenny
March 8th, 2012, 03:57
Will also be joining in on the fun, however unsure of what i'll be as well as I'm toying with some things. Will update Game Calender when able.

madman
March 8th, 2012, 05:11
I did not get as much prep done as I would have liked to! I can still run the game, or we can do it next week. I'm ok with running it on the fly!

Thoughts?

Chris

Direshadow
March 8th, 2012, 15:27
I'm ready to do it tonight honestly. I can wait as well though.

All I need to do is download teamspeak, which shouldn't be a problem.

Zenny
March 8th, 2012, 15:52
That's a DM decision. I'm totally ok with waiting for next week if need be.

balrik
March 8th, 2012, 18:49
GEEZ madman so annoying for me jsut pick a day

im good for whatever as always

balrik
March 9th, 2012, 01:10
madman is now on so he takes over

Brute_Dragoon
March 9th, 2012, 01:25
You guys got room for a total n00b? Well... I understand the concept, i have never played, and am looking to play. Not sure if you have started already...

Edit: I can get Team Speak and get online if you want.
Edit2: lol... or if i could spectate that would be fine as well. :) keep editing cuz i forget to add my thoughts

madman
March 9th, 2012, 01:32
Ended up late from work, and not sure anyone else is still around. So game is rescheduled for next week Thursday the 15th. Unless someone does not show next week the game is full. But you are more than welcome to spectate, or get in on the next one.

Chris

Brute_Dragoon
March 9th, 2012, 01:37
Sounds like a plan. I am also in MST, down in El Paso, TX. So I'm typically open anytime after 530 our time. I'd like to learn some more about character creation, gameplay, etc... I'm kinda trolling forums and reading as much as i can. Got any other places i can learn at? :)

Thanks!

Brute

madman
March 9th, 2012, 01:48
https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/index.html just about everything about Pathfinder can v=be found here. The Pathfinder Core book is only 10.00 for the pdf at Paizo.com

Do you own a copy of Fantasy Grounds?

Chris

Brute_Dragoon
March 9th, 2012, 01:53
Yes, I paid for the Full version. It's included right? The rulesets, etc...

madman
March 9th, 2012, 02:00
yep you should be good!

Chris

Blackfoot
March 9th, 2012, 13:24
Could do it Thursday?
Friday was just to give people a couple of days. I'm good with it either way.

People, tell me what you think.
Link to the calendar entry is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=759)

ChrisHrm.. didn't realize there was a second thread going for this.

I have another commitment on Thursdays, unfortunately.

madman
March 9th, 2012, 13:55
No Problem!

Chris

fizzure
March 11th, 2012, 23:55
Ended up late from work, and not sure anyone else is still around. So game is rescheduled for next week Thursday the 15th. Unless someone does not show next week the game is full. But you are more than welcome to spectate, or get in on the next one.

Chris

I just applied, anytime after 7:00pm EST works for me. I'd like to spectate if your full this Thursday?

madman
March 14th, 2012, 03:29
@Direshadow
Please vote for the game if your gona make it? on the game calendar.

@Brute_Dragoon
Also please sign up on the calendar if your gona make it.

And if anyone else thinks they might make some of the games then sign up please. That way everyone can see the game days and times.

Chris

Direshadow
March 15th, 2012, 21:30
I will try and be there. If anything I will be a about a half hour or so late. I will deffinatly try to be there though.

balrik
March 16th, 2012, 01:25
check guild house for post from madman