PDA

View Full Version : Shared Sheets

Hecklerus Prime
February 24th, 2012, 03:42
I want to create a sheet the all of the players can view and edit. The idea is that they will be able to have one shared Quest Log they can put information into, that way if a player is absent the whole group still has all of the data. Is there a way to do this? We use the current update for 3.5 ruleset.

ronnke
February 24th, 2012, 04:26
You can create a story item and then share it. However, you will have to share it and keep it open throughout the session. If you close it then it closes for everyone.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2012, 06:05
In the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, story and item records can be shared by right clicking the record while it is open, and selecting the "Share Sheet" option.

I believe it should stay open on the clients once it's shared until they close it or you "unshare" it. Also, even if they close it, they should be able to access the story record via their own campaign Story list until the record is unshared.

You can unshare a campaign record by clicking the circled S icon in the campaign list for the record (i.e. story list or item list).

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
February 24th, 2012, 15:53
Depending on the ruleset, a public note will also be a way to so this.

Griogre
February 24th, 2012, 17:54
Personally, if the ruleset supports it, I would use a player public or shared note. This means a player is in charge of the quest log and the GM doesn't have to worry about it or update it.

Hecklerus Prime
March 4th, 2012, 02:42
The player public sheet sounds almost ideal. And I know about sharing sheets. What I'm looking for is a way for all of the players to view AND edit a sheet. Can a player public sheet support this? Or is it just a sheet that one player edits and can share with everyone else?

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2012, 05:09
It's something that needs to be built in the ruleset. The 3.5E and 4E rulesets do not have that concept right now, though it is used in a couple other rulesets, including Call of Cthulhu and one of the community rulesets (I think).

Regards,
JPG

Hecklerus Prime
March 9th, 2012, 02:28
Ok, thank you. I guess I'll go poke around and see if I can find something.