PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Text

NEPHiLiX
February 22nd, 2012, 02:50
One of my pet peeves about FG is this: You're typing text into the chat box, some inspired impromptu GM mood setting that runs into paragraph length and then when you hit the back arrow to correct a miss-spelling, you accidentally hit the "up" arrow instead and so you lose everything that you typed. This has happened so many times and it's sooooo maddening!

Is there any way to disable this feature, or at least to disable it while there is un-"enter"ed (or active) text in the chat box?

A solution would be much, much appreciated.

phantomwhale
February 22nd, 2012, 05:23
Off the top of my head without looking at the code (there should be an acronym for this... OTTOMHWLATC ? Maybe not) I thought there were two "chat buffers" and up and down arrow switch between them.

So the solution to your above dilemma would be to press down arrow.

NEPHiLiX
February 22nd, 2012, 05:27
Off the top of my head without looking at the code (there should be an acronym for this... OTTOMHWLATC ? Maybe not) I thought there were two "chat buffers" and up and down arrow switch between them.

So the solution to your above dilemma would be to press down arrow.

You'd think that'd be the solution, right? But nope, try it out...no go. You press the "down" arrow and all you get is a nice fresh blank space to re-type in...

Moon Wizard
February 23rd, 2012, 18:58
Let me take a look. I thought it worked like phantomwhale mentioned, but perhaps it's not working as intended.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 23rd, 2012, 19:14
OK, it's the up/down keys move up/down in the history. The CTRL+up/down keys swap between buffers.

Maybe I could add the current typing to the history buffer, if history is perused.

Cheers,
JPG

NEPHiLiX
February 25th, 2012, 02:33
OK, it's the up/down keys move up/down in the history. The CTRL+up/down keys swap between buffers.

Maybe I could add the current typing to the history buffer, if history is perused.

Cheers,
JPG

That would be fantastic...thanks so much!