PDA

View Full Version : Updating to 3.2

Artfuldodger
February 21st, 2012, 19:26
Hi. This might be a bit of a silly question, but I've noticed that the 3.2 version is out. How do I update? I've done the 'check for updates' thing, but FGII didn't find any.
Cheers!

damned
February 22nd, 2012, 03:46
lite /demo license?
doesnt update - you need to download again...

phantomwhale
February 22nd, 2012, 05:25
Yep, only the core FG ruleset gets updated automatically currently.

For add-on products you need to download the new installers manually - I believe the links are in your order history, which is kind of hidden at the bottom of the Store page.

Direct link : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp

ddavison
February 22nd, 2012, 05:30
If you have an older version of the ruleset in a folder format in your FG Appdata folder, you'll need to remove this. I recommend cutting and pasting this to a backup location. The new version (3.2) installs as a PAK file that sits at the same place as your Fantasy Grounds EXE file.

Artfuldodger
February 24th, 2012, 12:26
Hmm. I think I deleted/uninstalled the old files. Just downloaded the new version and installed it, but now I can't access any of the hand weapons/armor or most other tables. Drats. And it's an ultimate license.

phantomwhale
February 24th, 2012, 12:33
Ok, what is the output if you type '/version' into the chat console ? (might be '\version' - quite late and tired so can't recall !)

Artfuldodger
February 24th, 2012, 12:37
Version 3.0.8

Artfuldodger
February 24th, 2012, 12:39
Fixed the problem. There was a rogue SW folder in the ruleset section that needed deleting. It now recognises the new ruleset, which is in a different folder than the old one.