PDA

View Full Version : They shall know no fear. [Deathwatch]

Karrth
February 21st, 2012, 14:49
"They shall be my finsest warriors, These men who give themselves to me."
"Like clay I shall mold them, and in the furnace of war forge them."

"They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mighiest guns they will be armed"

"They will be untouched by plague or illness, no sickness will blight them."

"They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle."

"They are my bulwark against the Terror, they are the defenders of humanity"

"They are my space marines and they shall know no fear."

In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium there can be only war and no one knows this more than the Emperors finest. These angels of death fight every day to keep humanity safe from the Alien, the Heretic, and the mutant.

You are one of these great warriors. You have been chosen by your chapter to join the Deathwatch and stand the long watch over humanity.

THE REWARD FOR TREACHERY IS RETRIBUTION.

Welcome to the dark future of the 41st millennium.

I would like to try and run a game in Deathwatch on FG2. I have not set a time or date on when the game sessions will run as I have no idea of when potential players can play but I live in GMT +1 and I have little else to do in the evenings (17:00 to 21:00 GMT) and weekends so I'm open to suggestions.

I will be using the Dark heresy ruleset found on the wiki. (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Dark_Heresy)

While some would say that Deathwatch is less of an RPG and more of a tactical table top game. I have decided to try my hand at showing the 41st millennium from the view of the space marine. The first session will deal mostly with finding out if I have the required ability to tell a story and to see if Deathwath can even be run over FG2

As it stands I will run my game client every day from 14:00 GMT+1 to the time I go to bed in case anyone wants to join and have a chat or ask any questions. The Alias is tiny camp Scrawny grave

Game details.
Characters start at rank 1
I have the following books: Deathwatch core rulebook, Rites of battle, First Founding, Achilus Assault.
Character stats will be rolled on the server.
As it stands I have no skype account, but I do have a Team speak server running that a friend of mine set up. (details can be given if needed.)

fibil
February 26th, 2012, 16:16
I'd like to give it a go if possible. I've always wanted to be a Librarian ;)

Karrth
February 26th, 2012, 19:29
nice! I was starting to think there was no love for Death watch out there.

So far we have you and another who has expressed interest in this. A few more wouldn't hurt but I'm open to running for a small group.

fibil
February 26th, 2012, 21:27
I find a smaller group (3 optimal, 4 is pushing with 2 doable) is best for running with FG, particularly if you or the players are new(ish) to the program or gaming system.

Though I did have some questions for you as some people interpret Space Marines a bit different :) I'll check your alias at the time indicated and see if I can get with you.

Karrth
February 26th, 2012, 21:44
I could open it up now? I can stay up half an hour to an hour before I have to go to bed.

EDIT**
I have changed the alias to: just idol dashing gate so try that. Post here or PM me if you can't get into the server.

fibil
February 26th, 2012, 21:49
Well I am about to head off to work in the next 20 minutes, but once I am there I can log on. So...see you in about 30 minutes or so?

Karrth
February 27th, 2012, 17:19
Rigfht so far we have a blood angels Librarian, so we can always use more players.

fibil
March 7th, 2012, 13:00
We also have a Techmarine. Come on people, the story is absolutely wonderful so far.

Artfuldodger
March 8th, 2012, 01:50
Deathwatch, eh? I've never tried it, but I'm game! Will try to pop in tomorrow if the server is still up and running. Tomorrow being, eh.. today. Thursday. Gosh, is it that late? :)

Karrth
March 9th, 2012, 20:33
Sorry about he server not being online the last two days but RL had be going away from the computer. I'll open up the server now and again tomorrow.

Ranokin
March 22nd, 2012, 21:43
I might be interested in trying out Deathwatch. been itching to try out one of the 40k roleplaying games recently.