PDA

View Full Version : Issue with tokens and the combat tracker.

Slayne
February 20th, 2012, 09:35
Hello, all.

I'm new to FG2, and therefore I'm doing a little playing around with it to become more familiar with it, before I even dare try to run anything like a campaign. Currently, I'm running FG2 version 2.8.1 Ultimate, 3.5E ruleset along with the 3.5E Enhanced images extension.

Now to the heart of my issue. I open the combat tracker, add my npc's and then drop the tokens for them into the token slot in the tracker. I then drag the tracker entry onto my map, and all seems fine. The monster appears on the map. Now, lets say we have a combat under way, and something happens to one of the monsters/characters. For example, one of the players is down and dying. I would like to change the token to reflect this, and so I drop an appropriate token into the combat tracker slot. The token changes inside the tracker, that's fine. However, the token on the map deletes rather than update. I then have to drag the tracker entry back onto the map to make it appear as I want it to. Bad luck, if I forgot just where the player/npc was positioned before it was deleted.

Is this the normal way the combat tracker functions with regards to token updates? If so, then is there any way to get the tracker to actually swap the tokens on the map when you drop a new token into its slot?

Likewise, if a player changes their token in their character sheet, is there a way to make it update in the tracker, and thus on the map as well?

Nestor
February 20th, 2012, 14:27
it works this way in 4e.

I have a player who is a druid and when he wild shifts, i drag the tiger token to the tracker and his map token disappears. Then i put the tiger token where he was.

I am waiting for them to release this in an update:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15216&highlight=tokens

Slayne
February 20th, 2012, 18:48
There's some nice ideas in that link you provided, Nestor. Most definitely worth keeping an eye on as I continue puttering around in FR2 and getting more comfortable with it.

However, I would still like to see a solution to my original issue, and it may even aid in the use of token frames etc. Granted, it's not a massive issue for me. Just something that seems a little untidy.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2012, 19:49
I'll see if I can patch for next release to perform token swap.

Regards,
JPG