PDA

View Full Version : Adding spells to NPC's

madman
February 18th, 2012, 15:17
Here is a screenshot of a WIP on adding castable spells to NPC's. Everything seems to be working as it should at this point. For the most part it is the same code from the character sheet. If I can get the ok from Smiteworks I will share it.

Chris

Well I get an error when uploading the screenshot (strange)

madman
February 18th, 2012, 15:24
Here is the screenshot. It let me upload a jpg but not a png.

Chris

Trenloe
February 19th, 2012, 11:06
Wow - this looks awesome! :) Great work chris.

Callum
February 19th, 2012, 15:31
This would be the most useful extension ever created. I hope you can get it working!

madman
February 19th, 2012, 19:26
So at this point it works great I have tried and tried to get it to break and can not. there are only a few stupid little things to do. I think I will have to set the min NPC window size to the spelllist size. and one of the scroller icons needs to be moved. Otherwise it's ready for testing by other people, just need the ok from Smiteworks!

Chris

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2012, 19:36
Our standing position is that the ruleset code from our D&D rulesets and extensions can be used freely as long as the project remains free to the community.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2012, 19:36
I'd be interested in taking a look myself to integrate with the core 3.5E ruleset, given your permission. ;)

JPG

madman
February 19th, 2012, 20:30
With Pleasure,

So here is the extension, if people could play around with it and see if anything breaks.
Feedback wanted.

Please backup you stuff, there is always risk with new mad experiments.
Chris

Extension updated: min window size is set larger than it was before.

Callum
February 27th, 2012, 14:38
That's great, madman - thanks! If I use this extension, will all NPCs be in your new, PC-like, format? Will it take the data from already-created NPCs, or will I have to rebuild them all?

madman
February 27th, 2012, 16:18
When you drop a NPC's from a module for example, everything seems to be just as it was with a spells tab added

Chris

madman
February 27th, 2012, 21:49
So adding effects to new spells does not seem to work, I swear it was. Looking in to it

Chris

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2012, 20:43
Thanks to Madman's prodding. I will be including spells in NPC records of the 3.5E ruleset for the next release. Watch the Laboratory forum for more info in the coming weeks.

Regards,
JPG

balrik
February 28th, 2012, 21:01
slow clap for madman

Phystus
February 28th, 2012, 23:57
That is incredibly awesome news!

~P

Quin
February 29th, 2012, 00:04
Very nice. This is great

madman
February 29th, 2012, 00:14
Nice, then I can stop prodding my brain with a coat hanger while trying to figure out the problems with it.

Chris

Trenloe
February 29th, 2012, 00:41
Great work Chris. :)

I'll wait for 2.9 before I look at incorporating this into the creature parser.

Callum
February 29th, 2012, 09:59
Thanks to Madman's prodding. I will be including spells in NPC records of the 3.5E ruleset for the next release. Watch the Laboratory forum for more info in the coming weeks.
That's fantastic news! Thanks, JPG and Chris. I'm really looking forward to v2.9 now.

Quin
March 12th, 2012, 23:47
Was the extension removed from this thread?

balrik
March 13th, 2012, 00:23
not sure but you can get it in the sitcky list at the top

Quin
March 13th, 2012, 00:36
Those are just links to the threads?

wbcreighton
March 13th, 2012, 06:28
I'm going to guess that it was removed because this functionality is being added to the next release which is now in testing.

palmergs
March 13th, 2012, 14:38
I'm brand new to this program. About to start a 3.5 campaign with old college buddies (now scattered across the globe). Anyway, I was surprised that NPCs didn't have a spell tab like PC character sheets.

How do you get (and install) the extension that is mentioned in this thread?

- - -

(edit: nevermind... I didn't realize this thread had three pages. It looks like this functionality is coming officially soon? Is there an ETA?)