PDA

View Full Version : New player looking for game

pingu2992
February 17th, 2012, 09:13
Hello! I'm a 13 year old boy who has DMed once before but has never been a player. I have read the rules, both 4e and the tutorials for FG and am eager to get moving as soon as possible. I may have a question or two, but I won't be asking questions left and right. My time zone is CST and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to let me join they're campaign, if so I would be very thankful. I would play on an actual physical table but no one will play with me because I'm the only one who likes D&D and will go anywhere near a d20. I would be playing a either level 4 or level 1 Eladrin Wizard that I created with the DDI character builder, the level depends on what the situation would allow. I'm open any day of the week past 3:00 or so.

Thanks in advance!

pingu2992
February 23rd, 2012, 06:41
No one? :(

Valarian
February 23rd, 2012, 09:13
With the times you state, you might want to try looking in to some evening European time zone games. The issue may be with your age, in that games will have to be age appropriate. I suspect that the majority of us are 30-somethings who game in the evening, when the kids have gone to bed. Some campaigns that are run could well be catering for a more mature audience - darker in theme than a campaign for teens might be.

If you're not too bothered which game system you play, then you might like to look at our group. We run games on Friday (currently Dr Who) and Sunday (currently The One Ring). Both start at 8pm UK time and run for around 3 hours.

Friday Game Time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Friday+Game&iso=20120224T20&p1=136&ah=3)

Griogre
February 23rd, 2012, 16:38
In addition to what Valarian says, some GMs post when they have openings but don't look at individual postings. Personally I wouldn't care about your age as long as you showed up on time, but the fact you are a new player means the best fit would be in a campaign that was just starting at a 1st level. You should keep watching the 4E and Guild House boards for new and low level campaigns.

pingu2992
February 24th, 2012, 02:40
I would join your group, but I don't know that ruleset and don't have any characters for it. :(

GunnarGreybeard
February 24th, 2012, 08:12
I am working on setting up a campaign using either the GURPS or Rolemaster rules (heavily modified Harnmaster conversion). Not necessary to know either of those rules to be involved. Right now I have some pre-gen characters and am willing to run a demo to let interested players get used to the system and see how they like it. I am in the early recruitment stages so not 100% sure when it would kick off.

Regarding the age thing. I periodically run regular PnP games for my kids and their friends (same age group) so running games taking that into account would not usually be a problem.

Valarian
February 24th, 2012, 08:50
The rules for either are fairly easy. For The One Ring, I've got some pre-generated characters (2 Elves and a Man of Dale) if you want to join. I'll echo GunnarGreybeard in that it's not necessary to know all the rules, you'll pick those up in play. An overview can be found on the Cubicle 7 website (https://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/the-one-ring-game-system/).

pingu2992
February 24th, 2012, 22:51
The rules for either are fairly easy. For The One Ring, I've got some pre-generated characters (2 Elves and a Man of Dale) if you want to join. I'll echo GunnarGreybeard in that it's not necessary to know all the rules, you'll pick those up in play. An overview can be found on the Cubicle 7 website (https://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/the-one-ring-game-system/).

I would love to, when would the first game be?

Valarian
February 25th, 2012, 17:11
The next session will be tomorrow (Sunday 26th Feb) at 8pm UK time. We're starting a new scenario, so the timing is good.
Sunday Game Time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Sunday+Game%3A+The+One+Ring+&iso=20120226T20&p1=136&ah=3)