PDA

View Full Version : How to handle wands and scrolls?

Cupcakus
February 17th, 2012, 00:58
Wands more importantly, if we have to manually roll out the spell effects for wands and scrolls that's fine, but how do you track charges remaining? How have others done this?

I tried to make a new spell class called "Wands" and gave it 50 uses, but this scrolls the effect stuff right off the character sheet, and would reset after rests anyway.

Griogre
February 17th, 2012, 01:37
Personally I would use the inventory number to do charges instead of number of wands.

You can see this in the screen off the main page where I was running a wizard, Lionello. That's an old version of FG but the idea still works. You can see the idea in the inventory mini sheet with wands, rods, ect:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/images/screenshots/fg2-screenshot-04.jpg

Nestor
February 17th, 2012, 01:40
ok I am not super knowledgeable about the 3.5 ruleset.

but it would seem that you could set it up as a ranged weapon, the charges would be the ammo.

granted you would have to play around with the attack rolls, and the damage to get it right.

but I cant see why that would not work

ElectricCaveman
February 17th, 2012, 02:29
You can set up wands' effects as weapons or in a spell class for ease of use, but neither can keep track of 50 charges. Ammo counts only go up to 20 and, as you noted, spells reset with rest. I would also suggest the best way to keep track of charges is in inventory.