PDA

View Full Version : Targetting

VenomousFiligree
February 14th, 2012, 20:04
I'm at the point with my BoL extension where I need to start delving into the tracker and targeting :(

Any assistance great fully received.

When a PC makes his attack roll he will need to subtract the targets defence from his roll, where would i need to start looking?

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2012, 06:00
It highly depends on the ruleset. Try looking for throwDice calls for the roll creation, and onDiceLanded for resolving rolls after the dice land.

If your extension is for 3.5e or 4e, I can give you more help.

Cheers,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
February 15th, 2012, 06:38
It's for Joshuhs's Foundation Core, which is stripped out 3.5e I believe. If you could point me to where it's handled in 3.5e I'll see if it makes any sense :)

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2012, 20:12
It also depends on the "vintage" of the 3.5E ruleset he used.

The current 3.5E ruleset has a scripts/manager_actions.lua file that allows roll types to be registered, triggered and resolved. Examples of use are in manager_action_init.lua, manager_action_attack.lua, etc. The attack example would be the most revelant in your situation, since it performs the attack roll and compares to the target's defenses.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
February 15th, 2012, 20:33
None of those files have been included, I'll have a play....

joshuha
February 15th, 2012, 23:59
It's actually based off the 4E ruleset so a lot of the info you are probably looking at is in manager_targetting and manager_rules.

VenomousFiligree
February 17th, 2012, 23:10
Hmm, having a bit of trouble working out what's what.

Maybe a pointer would help... What would I have to code, to output the targets name to the chat window before the roll is reported.

Edit:

Getting there slowly :)