PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

fknfelix
February 13th, 2012, 22:52
Location of a quick list now that I've registered?

Want to make sure that if a game should arise, I'm ready to jump in. Should I build a character for every system I know or want to try? Should I check a certain thread? Should I wait to be invited into a game?

The FAQ mentions a great deal about software to install. I use both MAC and PC. OSX doesn't appear to be supported?

GunnarGreybeard
February 13th, 2012, 23:26
You can try looking through the Game Calendar but its not always up to date and not all active games are added there. I would scan the Guild House section and look for announcements for games that may interest you and then post in those threads or PM the GM directly asking for more info/status of the game.

fknfelix
February 13th, 2012, 23:30
Thanks Gunnar. Looks like the system requirements will also require me using my PC at home. Mac right now (edit: and I can't go changing the OS on this)

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2012, 05:48
While FG is written for Windows, many users have gotten FG running on their Macs using Wine, Crossover or Parallels. Try searching for Wine or Crossover on the forums if you run into any issues, and/or post on the forums.

Cheers,
JPG

Doswelk
February 15th, 2012, 09:32
I happily run FGII on my Mac Mini (first I used cross-over) but now I just use Parallels.

VenomousFiligree
February 15th, 2012, 21:07
I've been running on Crossover for a couple of years now, works a dream :)

Edit:

Oh, and make sure you keep an eye on the Guild House forum, that's where a lot of games are touted.