PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Monitor problems

markem
February 13th, 2012, 13:24
This time I checked before posting! :D

I have an extra monitor on my laptop. The monitor on the left is a large 20" monitor and my laptop has a nice 17" LCD Screen. I just finished downloading and installing the latest Fantasy Grounds II program, let it update, and tried running it. I loaded the demo game and then decided to drag the window from the 17" LCD screen to the 20" monitor. Everything worked great! :-)

Then I tried resizing the window with the maximize button. *POOF* gone. That's right - totally gone. No window - nothing. The task bar button/icon was still there and I could click on it all I liked - but no window ever came back. So eventually I killed the program and tried again.

The program came back up in it's regular size on the 17" LCD monitor. I clicked the maximize button and WHAM! OMG! THAT'S A BIG WINDOW! :D It is SOOOOO big that I could only see about 1/4 of the entire window. And of course it didn't open where I could see the title of the window. No.... That would be too easy. :p Nope. Dead center. Couldn't get out of the program so I had to kill it again.

So now I'm stuck. I can't maximize the window because then I can't get out of it on the 17" screen and I can't maximize it on the 20" screen because it just disappears.

However! I can drag the window to the size I need. So there is a work around. :) But I think I've found a couple bugs. Have fun squashing them! :)

ddavison
February 17th, 2012, 00:21
Thanks Markem. I have unfortunately seen other issues that only appear in maximized mode so I've pretty much switched to running things in windowed mode. I just drag it across both monitors like you seem to be now. We will keep an eye on that code if we happen to be working in there, but as of now we don't have any immediate plans to address this before other items.