PDA

View Full Version : Foen's New World of Darkness question

Hex08
February 13th, 2012, 00:32
I have a been been running a NWoD campaign using Feon's NWoD ruleset and have a couple issues and was hoping others might have some feedback. The first is; when my players try to send me a /whisper it does not work. I can send to them using /w [character name] [message] and they receive it but when they send to me I do not get it. They have tried /w gm [message], /w dm [message] and /w storyteller [message] with no luck. The second concerns the 10 again rule, when they roll 10's the dice pool modifier gives them a +1 for each 10 rolled. This causes them to get one more die on the re-roll than they should. So if a player roles and gets 2 10's the die pool turns to a +2 which gives them 2 dice added to their next roll causing three dice to be rolled rather than two.

Phystus
February 13th, 2012, 01:29
Have you tried /w [message] (not specifying a target)? That works in most rulesets.

~P

Hex08
February 13th, 2012, 05:02
Phystus, thanks but we get an error saying recipient not found.

Griogre
February 13th, 2012, 06:58
Try /wh with no target and see if it works.

unerwünscht
February 13th, 2012, 15:25
I have it on good authority that Saithan will begin work on adding better /whisper functionality to the ruleset tonight. Estimated 3-4 days for adding the code, and testing.

saithan
February 14th, 2012, 23:23
the main issue you are having with rolls is unlike other rulesets the modstack is no longer a modstack it is the dice pool the ruleset is designed that you set the pool to the number of dice by dragging or duoble clicking the atribute+skill+ equipment etc. then double click the pool to roll.

if you like manually rolling the dice I will add drag function from the pool where the dice will appear as you drag from the dice pool. and you can manually roll them.

in the coming update the whisper will be like that in 4e.

Hex08
February 15th, 2012, 06:10
Thanks for the response! I believe all my players (and myself) drag the dice but I will tell everyone to use the other method. I look forward to the update.

Saith_mobile
February 20th, 2012, 15:24
Testing looks good so far. I'll just a few touchups like help menu and such, and i'll post it. Sorry it has taken so long.

saithan
February 21st, 2012, 02:08
ok here is an update addressing some of the issues you were having.
untill i can get ober to post it on the wiki ill post it here
https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=28:nwodrulesetinstaller

added /help
added /whisper, /w, /w GM (4e)
added /r reply to the last person to whisper to you (4e)
GM and each player can block or allow portraits in whispers.
GM can option to see whispers.
also added auto complete - when making a whisper type the first letter of the name then hit tab.

dice rolling, when rolling from picking up d10 from the table the ruleset will track successes and not be effected by the pool (stack). (good for those old school players)

for those that want to roll the pool manually... you can now grab and drag the pool and the proper dice will appear and you can manually roll them.

future updates will be coming

Oberoten
February 21st, 2012, 21:59
Uploaded and linked in but I am kind of unsure what text to add...

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Foen%27s_New_World_of_Darkness