PDA

View Full Version : GM License to Ultimate License.

Lysander
February 12th, 2012, 14:53
Okay, I'm considering the big leap from GM to Ultimate license, but it generates a few questions I would like answered... please!

1) What does a person w/out FG at all have to do to get set up and hooked in to my game if I get the Ultimate License?

2) Do I send my GM License key in 1st to Smiteworks and then buy the Ultimate license, or the other way around?

3) How long does it take for the switch to occur?

4) I'm not computer savvy AT ALL, I am hoping the upgrade takes minimal time/effort/understanding on my part to make happen?

Dershem
February 12th, 2012, 14:58
1) download fg and connect normally.
2.) I don't remember exactly when I did it I emailed first.
3) I think it took a day for me.
4) it was very easy.

ddavison
February 12th, 2012, 16:36
We almost always respond back in less than 24 hours with the new code and simple upgrade instructions.

For players to connect that don't already have FG, they will need to follow these steps:
1. Download the installer from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/
2. Launch the installer and click the box to install the unregistered version when the installer asks for a license code
3. Launch FG and Join Game, provide a username and the alias for your hosted game and then join
4. Use the same username each time they connect to your game for simplicity

If you've already hosted a game with your Full license, you are all set. If you haven't, you'll need to port forward port 1802 to your PC through your router/firewall.