PDA

View Full Version : Update

madman
February 9th, 2012, 21:14
Here is a link to some current news about 5E.

LINK (https://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=dnd5e)

Enjoy

Chris

NJCommanderX
February 27th, 2012, 05:14
It will be interesting to see where WoTC take the franchise now. It's almost comical if you look back over the history of the franchise since 3.0 and 3.5 OGL... They thought they lost control and the associated profits allowing OGL. So with 4E they locked everything down. In the meantime, Paizo and other OGL companies picked up the reigns of 3.5 and took off. I'm fairly NEW to Fantasy Grounds and originally was hoping to use FG for 4E gaming. I learned how much more work there was to get game content into FG.. holy smokes! Scraping, parsing and coding XML..!!! Thanks to so many souls on this forum for the tools and assistance they provide,liek Xorn, and DrZeuss, just to name two. Thanks to all of you. Eventually I decided to pickup Pathfinder and give it a whirl. I've since left 4E behind and completely embraced Pathfinder:D

I'll be watching the development of 5E, and as a card holding "insider" I hope to get a chance to play test it. Lets see what Monty Cook and the team can do!

lachancery
February 27th, 2012, 16:20
Here is a link to some current news about 5E.
LINK (https://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=dnd5e)

I am mostly ignorant on how pen & paper RPGs are produced. I was looking at the team and I don't understand what the different disciplines do. Can anyone point me to an article which describes what a "developer" is vs a "designer"?

Thanks.

NJCommanderX
February 27th, 2012, 16:46
Just realized there was another thread opened under this topic. Sorry folks, it was late when I posted my 2 cents. :cry:

I also noticed that Mandman's avatar looks like a Pathfinder Goblin... :D Ha!

madman
February 27th, 2012, 21:13
SMILES EAR TO EAR!!!

Chris

Direshadow
March 6th, 2012, 06:14
I think that they lost their way after 3.5

4.0 was trying so hard to be the "world of warcraft" on paper... and as much as i love WoW and D&D, both worked well in their own mediums. Wow worked great on screen, and D&D offered the deeper experience of playing 2.0 except with updated rules. Right now, I'm sticking with Pathfinder, and I might even take the leap to get the subscription.