PDA

View Full Version : new user

logothgrislom
February 7th, 2012, 03:10
I am new to FG. Loaded today.

Full license description lists 4E ruleset. I do not see it avaialble as a ruleset when I create a new campaign.

Could anyone help/advise?

Trenloe
February 7th, 2012, 04:38
What rulesets do you see?

I'd try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

logothgrislom
February 10th, 2012, 01:42
i got it, thnx for the reply.

logothgrislom
February 12th, 2012, 15:55
how do you add a class to the character sheet and npc sheet.. i am dragging and dropping all over that sheet and nothing seems to work...

can someone explain how to do this, please?

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2012, 18:40
One clarification is that the FG interface does not enforce character creation rules. So, you just put the data on the character sheets.

Using the 4E parser tool on the forum, you can get a lot of the powers, items, feats and abilities as drag and drop components. The class information is just typed in.

Regards,
JPG

fateOfOne
February 12th, 2012, 19:34
I'm also a noob to FG and found the same issue.

So If I want to add spells (because I'm creating a cleric) I will need to add each spell/detail manually by adding an action?:confused:
Just clarifying.

If I try to drop the spell I get an error in the text about not defining the class. (paraphrasing)

We are using the 3.5 rule set if that makes a difference.

Griogre
February 12th, 2012, 22:55
You should be able to drop the spells on the spell tab on the 3.5 ruleset. Make sure you have said you are a cleric class on the first tab of the character sheet and give yourself level 1. If the ruleset doesn't know you are a caster you can't drop spells, on the spell tab I think.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2012, 23:15
I'm also a noob to FG and found the same issue.

So If I want to add spells (because I'm creating a cleric) I will need to add each spell/detail manually by adding an action?:confused:
Just clarifying.

If I try to drop the spell I get an error in the text about not defining the class. (paraphrasing)

We are using the 3.5 rule set if that makes a difference.
See the "Spells" section in the 3.5E user guide "Player Guide - Gamplay" - "Character Sheet" (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/player_charsheet_35E.xcp).

I thought what Griogre said was correct (adding the spell casting class on the main tab) but I've just tried this and it didn't work - perhaps I'm getting confused with the C&C ruleset. You'll have to add the spells class on the actions tab manually as described in the user guide link above.

logothgrislom
February 13th, 2012, 13:18
thnx for the replies, all.

madman
February 13th, 2012, 16:36
@fateOfOne

Watch this video, I think it will help with the spell sheet question.

Youtube Video to watch (https://youtu.be/sjytTLZiwk8)

Good gaming

Chris

logothgrislom
February 13th, 2012, 19:00
great, thnx

fateOfOne
February 14th, 2012, 00:24
Got it now!! Thanks All! :)