PDA

View Full Version : Changing character portriats

Aometora
February 7th, 2012, 03:10
Hi,

Running in a game w/the 4e v2.1 ruleset that has been running just fine for quite a while.

Lately, I found I cannot change my character portrait.

I have created them in both .jpg an .png formats in 63x63 pixel size. The portrait shows up just fine in the list, but if I x2 click, the image never changes.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Trenloe
February 7th, 2012, 04:42
I haven't seen this before.

Try click-and-drag the potrait from the portrait images onto the current character potrait in the top left.

Aometora
February 9th, 2012, 19:11
Tried that too.

What's odd, is that the same person hosting a Savage Worlds game off the same server, I can change the portrait.

Any chance the campaign .xml file would be corrupt? Possibly a speed issue?

Moon Wizard
February 9th, 2012, 19:17
The portraits are actually not stored in the campaign DB, but in a separate directory on the host machine under the campaign directory. If the issue is only occurring for that character, perhaps it is a file corruption issue.

The portrait files are stored using a file name that matches the database ID of the character in the db.xml file for the campaign. You could have the host try deleting the portrait file for your character.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
February 9th, 2012, 20:18
If for some reason the portrait is a very large file size it can take a long time to get to the server and then be relayed back. I had a player who once used a full sized picture for his portrait that took a very long time to transfer. I finally took a look at the pic and it was like 800x600 and 5 megabytes. :p