PDA

View Full Version : Personal Log for characters?

Mgrancey
February 6th, 2012, 23:31
Has anyone created this feature for Fantasy Grounds, that in the character's Tabs there would be a more expanded section for Past sessions or campaigns?

madman
February 7th, 2012, 00:42
That would be cool. Even if the notes part of the character sheet could add links so a note or something could be dropped in.

Chris

Mgrancey
February 7th, 2012, 01:31
That would be a good alternate version, just would need to make sure a scroll bar function would be available or work on that as well. That method would be easier to add and require less work of adjusting the character sheet, so probably better than what I was originally thinking of doing and adding a tab. I mean I know you can type tons of text into notes, but a bit of organization to notes would be better I think.

Mostly I just wanted to see if anyone had already done so, no point in re-doing something that already exists. If no one has (kinda surprised Smiteworks didn't include should have been seriously easy for them), I will probably work on myself. I plan to add:

Title
Summary for mouseOver effect? not sure if possible
Date
Rewards Summary (XP, Gold, Items)
Entry field
Export button?

Any suggestions for other sections or suggestions on how to accomplish.

phantomwhale
February 7th, 2012, 02:21
Would be VERY easy to create one with Savage Worlds or the Foundations Core ruleset, with the super-awesome character sheet manager, with one simple call to define new tabs without needing to copy and paste any of the existing ruleset code at all.

Just saying... :D