PDA

View Full Version : Attacks with several type of damage

scarletrose
February 6th, 2012, 21:23
I have a problem .. in My campaign there is an archer with a Shocking burst bow and flaming arrows...
Can i separate the damage dices in the attack so he can throw a single damage roll and read the damage resistances correctly?

Trenloe
February 6th, 2012, 22:49
You can't put all of those different types of damage together in one action entry. You'll need to seperate them out into different entries and/or use effects. A bit of a hassle, I know. You'd need to do seperate actions anyway, as the shocking burst bow only does it's damage on a critical and I'm not aware of an easy way to do this automatically.

You could do the flaming arrow damage with an effect on the player "DMG: +1d6 ranged fire" but this would be applied for all ranged weapon attacks the character used. Guessing that your player would only usually use their bow for ranged attacks this will probably be OK (just remember to remove the effect if they use some other ranged weapon).

So, have 2 action entries - 1 for the bow and arrow, 1 for the shocking burst to be applied manually on a critical and 1 effect for the flaming arrow.