PDA

View Full Version : When will there be support for SW Deluxe?

daddystabz
February 1st, 2012, 18:07
One thing I noticed is that the Savage Worlds ruleset for Fantasy Grounds is for the older Explorer's Edition and doesn't include the newer SW Deluxe Edition with its rules changes. Anyone know if they will eventually put out an update to the newer Deluxe Edition?

I'm also wondering if they will soon put out official support for any of my fave settings for SW? Settings like Rippers, 50 Fathoms, Iron Dynasty, MARS, Deadlands, etc. Is there any fan-made support for these?

Doswelk
February 1st, 2012, 19:23
Rippers is already there..

I am currently adding a Rippers theme and have added an extension to support Lodges, updated the character sheet to add Reason and Status.

None of the above have been sent to Doug yet, we are play testing the changes next week.

I am currently converting the Rippers Companion for FGII (for myself mainly).

I converted the whole of the 50 fathoms player's guide and created a theme, I believe River Rat was planning to do the rest of the conversion (this is the new edition), the original edition is also for sale for FGII.

phantomwhale
February 2nd, 2012, 07:01
And I'm your man for Savage Worlds Deluxe - which is in progress and 80% done. Just need to finish off the GM chapters and I was going to add a chase tool for the new chase rules (so you get something more than just the new library book module). There was also a little hold up trying to work out the best way of releasing this such that all the existing campaigns with links to edges / hindrances etc... will automatically open them up the new SWD version instead of the older SWEX version.

I'm also the author of Deadlands: Reloaded (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=S2P10205FG2) which has been out a while and received quite a big graphical update recently, and I've also just submitted a new scenario (don't drink the water) for release, to add to the few that are available.

kdietri
February 4th, 2012, 18:31
And I'm your man for Savage Worlds Deluxe - which is in progress and 80% done. Just need to finish off the GM chapters and I was going to add a chase tool for the new chase rules (so you get something more than just the new library book module). There was also a little hold up trying to work out the best way of releasing this such that all the existing campaigns with links to edges / hindrances etc... will automatically open them up the new SWD version instead of the older SWEX version.

I'm also the author of Deadlands: Reloaded (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=S2P10205FG2) which has been out a while and received quite a big graphical update recently, and I've also just submitted a new scenario (don't drink the water) for release, to add to the few that are available.

Hey PW, is there any way people can help? Id be willing to lend a hand if I could.

Doswelk
February 4th, 2012, 19:54
There was also a little hold up trying to work out the best way of releasing this such that all the existing campaigns with links to edges / hindrances etc... will automatically open them up the new SWD version instead of the older SWEX version.

Have you solved that one?

I'd had an idea but I'm sure yours is better :D

daddystabz
February 8th, 2012, 00:58
Any idea when this Savage Worlds Deluxe ruleset will be available? I am considering buying a full license to run Deadlands over FG and would love to just grab the Deluxe rules if they are going to be released soon instead of having to buy the Explorer's Edition ones now and then purchase Deluxe when it releases as well.

Fraxture
February 8th, 2012, 16:29
This info makes me very very happy :)

phantomwhale
February 12th, 2012, 00:45
I'm not 100% clear how Smiteworks intend to release the Deluxe rules. In any case, I'm sure we'll have a library book purchase for existing owners. It remains to be seen if we'll update the core ruleset to be SWD - suspect we will, but given these things are priced according to the RRP of the actual book, this would raise the cost of the core SW ruleset a bit.

Thanks for offers of help - stumbling block is mainly the release strategy now. It's going to have to do SOMETHING to ensure old links from modules and possibly campaigns still work with the new books (Doswelk / others - if you have ideas, I'm all ears - the solutions we've got so far are all good, but not perfect).

The simplest plan seems to be something like overrides the links for the GM, such that modules all open up their links in the new books. This would require players to recreate their character sheet links to get the new SWD version - a little manual, but only a one-off process. Like I say, no perfect solution yet. Might be able to offer a tool to do this automatically. Not sure yet.

ETA - well, I've been off FGII work for 4-5 weeks fighting some other freelance work - but I'm back to finish it off now. So lets say end of March (as a guess !) - best I can offer now.

phantomwhale
April 14th, 2012, 09:36
Some info and screen shots of Savage Worlds Deluxe here:

https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/21074314182/savage-worlds-deluxe

Doswelk
April 14th, 2012, 15:56
Nice! :)

Want to play test :p

Dracones
April 14th, 2012, 16:23
That looks fantastic.

Daperez
May 11th, 2012, 21:41
In your opinion, if I'm planning to run a SW-Deluxe game in the near future, would I be better off buying the current Explorer's Edition ruleset and upgrading later, or waiting a little longer for the full SWD release?

Doswelk
May 12th, 2012, 01:00
I do not know the release dates of things myself (I know PW hopes to release Deluxe ruleset when 2.9 comes out).

I am also rushing to finish my latest conversion (which has been helped greatly by having access to the Deluxe modules)

Hope you like the sneak peak.....

kleinksw
May 12th, 2012, 01:39
Looks great, Doswelk! I'm pumped for the updates. Do you think you'll be doing any more HellFrost adventure conversions? HellFrost is our group's latest SW fascination ;)

phantomwhale
May 12th, 2012, 09:21
I'd go get the explorer edition now - FGII development is a slow part-time process, and it might be quite a while until a unified SWEX + SWD product is done.

The SWD upgrade should hopefully be out in a month or two though.

Daperez
May 12th, 2012, 17:58
Sounds good. I sprung for the SWEX plus the Hellfrost Bestiary. Looks extremely professional.

Doswelk
May 13th, 2012, 01:51
If Doug send me 'em I'll convert 'em :)

kleinksw
May 13th, 2012, 14:47
Thanks for all the SW to FG work you guys are doing.

We just did a 12 hour face-to-face game session yesterday using FG to automate some things and keep all the SW and HellFrost material at our fingertips. We finished Lair of the Vermin Lord and are nearly finished The Dark Seed for HellFrost. Both are excellent adventures and nicely converted for FG. Shadows of Darkness is up next!