PDA

View Full Version : dnd old school player looking for a group

DwarfLord
January 27th, 2012, 18:33
hi,
I am looking for a good DND game, I have played since 1st edition came out but for the past few years have been in the MMO style games and I was wanting to get back to old fashion PNP style gaming.
I live in Atlanta, Ga(EST) but can make time availible for different time zones. I would be a long term player and am really looking forward to getting a group to answer this request.

Thanks
Dwarflord

you can reach me at [email protected] or look up Jonathan Pounds on Skype.
Thanks and hope to hear from someoen soon.

DwarfLord
January 27th, 2012, 19:01
bump

dwarflord

dr_venture
January 27th, 2012, 20:27
Don't know if you're interested in the old west game I just posted about, but the rules are based on Castles & Crusades, which is itself somewhere between AD&D 1e and D20, so it's an old school game... just in the American West.

DwarfLord
January 27th, 2012, 20:32
Thanks for teh invitation but the old west never grabbed me for a Rp setting, Thanks though

dr_venture
January 27th, 2012, 20:50
No prob. - you're not alone, apparently! If figured that you had probably seen my listing, but I didn't see any replies & figured I'd at least offer. I have an old school Greyhawk campaign that folks seem interested in, but I'm too strapped for time right now to start another group of players. Considering the interest I've had in that without really saying much about it, I'd say that most folks are looking for a good fantasy game, with a fair amount of old school thrown in. Good luck, my friend!

DwarfLord
January 27th, 2012, 20:53
I was thinking i might start an old school forgotten realms game before teh spell plague and before the elves returned to Faerun.. good old fashioned old school game.
Undermountain and Myth Drannor and such. If i was not new to FG i would host a game.

GunnarGreybeard
January 27th, 2012, 20:56
Thanks for teh invitation but the old west never grabbed me for a Rp setting, Thanks thoughNot sure the DM is accepting new players (think we have 6 atm) but we are playing an OSRIC (1e AD&D) campaign right now. Most PC's are in the 3-4 level range except for me (1st) as they played through several other modules before I joined the group. Right now we are a few sessions into the "Village of Hommlet". Games are weekly, every Wednesday night at 8:30 Eastern Time Zone. If interested you may want to PM the DM directly see if he has any openings. He goes by leozelig (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?u=9367).

DwarfLord
January 27th, 2012, 20:59
I just did thanks.

GunnarGreybeard
January 27th, 2012, 21:00
I just did thanks.Oh, forgot to add, we use Skype for voice chat.

DwarfLord
January 27th, 2012, 21:03
that is excatl what i am looking for,. what is your skype ? i have a few questions for you . or you can look me up Jonathan Pounds on skype

leozelig
January 28th, 2012, 07:59
PM sent!

You are welcome to join us DL...

DwarfLord
January 28th, 2012, 14:09
ok i need a server address to join

GunnarGreybeard
January 29th, 2012, 00:47
ok i need a server address to joinThe connection info should be in the calendar entry for the campaign however, you can only connect when the DM has his copy copy of the campaign in FG up and running on his local machine.