PDA

View Full Version : How to create skill challenges?

Apollonasf
January 27th, 2012, 13:43
Some of the modules I have contain skill challenges, which can be put into the skill challenge tracker the same way that encounters are entered into the encounter tracker (by pressing that downward arrow - Add skills to Skill Challenge Tracker)

However, I can't find how to create one, since it's definately not a story entry format, and I can't edit any of the existing ones from the module library.

Is there an extension that allows me to make a skill challenge? What am I missing here? Please help me out. Thanks!

Griogre
January 27th, 2012, 20:53
In answer to your question, DrZeuss' Enhanced Encounters extension has Skill challenges. I don't remember all the details but you can get it here: https://www.drzeuss.co.uk/
You'll have to create an account.

That said, I have found it much simpler to just mark off skill challenge success/failures on scratch paper next to the keyboard. I like to encourage player/character creatively so I've found it awkward to use the 4E skill challenge form unless you fill in values for *every* skill which seems to be more trouble than it's worth for a non commercial adventure module.