PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Games...

Blackfoot
January 24th, 2012, 07:04
Is anyone running any regular (or irregular) Rolemaster games that might be looking for a player?

GunnarGreybeard
January 24th, 2012, 08:32
Is anyone running any regular (or irregular) Rolemaster games that might be looking for a player?I have been planning one for some time but real life keeps getting in the way. At this time my biggest obstacle if finding the time needed to put the materials for the campaign and get them into FG. Right now its just handwritten notes. Then there is arranging a set time frame to play and my schedule is pretty tight at this time, mostly do to work.

I also see that a new extension is being worked on and plan to download and check its function (i.e. get familiar with it).

lachancery
January 24th, 2012, 18:08
Is anyone running any regular (or irregular) Rolemaster games that might be looking for a player?
I've been thinking, since the demo in December actually, to run a second RMC campaign in Middle-Earth, like the current game that I have going with friends. Like Gunnar, it's coming down to making the time available to do it.

If/when I do start it, I'll post about it in this forum.

bpowell
January 28th, 2012, 01:02
I've been thinking, since the demo in December actually, to run a second RMC campaign in Middle-Earth, like the current game that I have going with friends. Like Gunnar, it's coming down to making the time available to do it.

If/when I do start it, I'll post about it in this forum.

I would be interested and would love to play if you do start a new campaign

Dakadin
January 28th, 2012, 06:42
I might be interested also. My schedule is going to get busy in a few weeks though so I know it isn't likely that I can make it long term. If you decide to run another one shot I should be able to join. I would like to see this ruleset in action from a player's perspective.

lachancery
January 28th, 2012, 18:31
Alright, sold! This week is a crunch at work, but I'll put together an adventure next week and send invites. I'll set it up so those who are enjoying it could carry on playing in a campaign setting.

I have the most material for Middle-Earth, so I'll use that as setting. The year will be 1975 of the Third Age to be precise, just after the Battle of Fornost where the Free People defeated the Hordes of Angmar. I'll send out more information on character creation next week-end (available races, optional & house rules used, etc.)

Interested so far: Dakadin, Blackfoot and bpowell

Dakadin
January 28th, 2012, 22:50
Thanks! My wife would like to join us also. Her ID is BridgetWilkerson.

lachancery
January 28th, 2012, 23:46
Thanks! My wife would like to join us also. Her ID is BridgetWilkerson.
Your wife role plays?! Lucky man... :D I have invited her.

lachancery
January 29th, 2012, 14:00
@ Blackfoot & bpowell: I have invited you both on the game calendar entry for the game. Hop by the game calendar to join the game.

Let's discuss scheduling and hope we can find a common slot. I'm in the eastern time zone (GMT-5). The earliest I can game is about 8:30pm at night (kids' bed time first). I don't have a specific curfew/end time.

I'm currently busy on Wednesday and Sunday nights. Available other nights.

bpowell
January 31st, 2012, 06:55
Wednesdays are out for me I play BattleTech every other week and have the kids the other Wednesday. I will check with the wife and see what days we are OK with. I will even ask if she wishes to join us. She is a gamer, we met at a Convention.

I am in the Mountain Time Zone. My kids go down at 9 PM, but I could game earlier.

GunnarGreybeard
January 31st, 2012, 07:05
I would like to run a game however, I'm also busy on Wednesday nights.

What I am contemplating doing is using an odd time frame to run a one shot (maybe a 2-3 session orientation with the option to make it a regular campaign) for some newer players who are in the UTC/GMT +4/+5 hours time zone.

I am thinking starting the game Sunday morning after I get off work (at about 9AM CST). This should put them at 6-7 PM Sunday night. If anyone in the US time zone s that is up on Sunday morning with a few hours to kill and wants to join in I would certainly welcome your participation.

Extra details will be posted once they are more fleshed out.

Dakadin
January 31st, 2012, 07:16
Friday nights as early as 5pm PST or Saturday afternoons (1pm -6pm PST) would work best for my wife and I. I am also able to play any weekday night starting around 5pm until February 13.

Blackfoot
January 31st, 2012, 07:24
Unfortunately I already have an obligation on Sunday mornings.
I would like to run a game however, I'm also busy on Wednesday nights.

What I am contemplating doing is using an odd time frame to run a one shot (maybe a 2-3 session orientation with the option to make it a regular campaign) for some newer players who are in the UTC/GMT +4/+5 hours time zone.

I am thinking starting the game Sunday morning after I get off work (at about 9AM CST). This should put them at 6-7PM Sunday night. If anyone in the US time zone s that is up on Sunday morning with a few hours to kill and wants to join in I would certainly welcome your participation.

Extra details will be posted once they are more fleshed out.

lachancery
January 31st, 2012, 15:31
Note: two separate games are being discussed in this thread: Gunnar's and mine. That is coherent with the title, just make sure you call out which one you are referring to in your message.

For my Middle-Earth game, it looks like Friday night 9:30pm eastern is fleshing out to be the best compromise. Does that work with everyone?

Dakadin
January 31st, 2012, 15:44
Good point about the 2 different games.

Lachancery, Friday nights at 9:30pm eastern works for me.

Gunnar, unfortunately my Sundays are busy.

Thanks to both of you for being offering to run a game.

GunnarGreybeard
January 31st, 2012, 18:19
Note: two separate games are being discussed in this thread: Gunnar's and mine. That is coherent with the title, just make sure you call out which one you are referring to in your message.

For my Middle-Earth game, it looks like Friday night 9:30pm eastern is fleshing out to be the best compromise. Does that work with everyone?I bumped mine out into the Guild House to avoid confusion. :)

lachancery
January 31st, 2012, 18:22
Alright, I have updated the calendar entry with the first game on Friday, Feb 10th @ 9:30pm. I am travelling (for work) this week, so the first game can't be this Friday. I will try to post the story introduction and character creations, optional & house rules by this Friday.

There is room for a few more players, if others are interested. So far, we have: Dakadin & his wife, Blackfoot, bpowell (& his wife?).

bpowell
February 2nd, 2012, 05:30
Hmmm, I will have to see if I can make Friday nights. I will let you know ASAP.

lachancery
February 2nd, 2012, 06:16
Hmmm, I will have to see if I can make Friday nights. I will let you know ASAP.
Ok. Feel free to propose a counter-date if it doesn't work and we'll see if we can make it.

bpowell
February 3rd, 2012, 05:11
Unfortunately, Due to having young children I am busy nights until 9 PM MST.

lachancery
February 4th, 2012, 02:02
Unfortunately, Due to having young children I am busy nights until 9 PM MST.
No worries, I have young children of my own. ;) 9pm Mountain Time makes it 11pm on my side. Between working during the day and having to get up next morning for children, it makes it too late... :( The latest I could go is 8pm Mountain (10pm Eastern). That wouldn't work, huh?

lachancery
February 4th, 2012, 08:27
This information is primarily useful for the players in the game, but I thought it would be interesting to share which RMC optional rules I used and what house rules I have made for this particular game...

bpowell
February 8th, 2012, 19:12
No worries, I have young children of my own. ;) 9pm Mountain Time makes it 11pm on my side. Between working during the day and having to get up next morning for children, it makes it too late... :( The latest I could go is 8pm Mountain (10pm Eastern). That wouldn't work, huh?

I am checking with the BOSS (my wife) I know she would not be able to play before 9 MST, but perhaps we could tag team it until both of us are available.

lachancery
February 8th, 2012, 20:13
I am checking with the BOSS (my wife) I know she would not be able to play before 9 MST, but perhaps we could tag team it until both of us are available.
No worries if you can only show up later and would like to be with us. I wouldn't have a problem adapting the situations around that.

It looks like we will use a combination of voice chat and FG text. If you have a smartphone with Bluetooth ear piece & Skype, you could even be listening in on the game, and unmute your bluetooth when you want to say something. ;) Just an idea to accomodate...

JohnD
April 7th, 2012, 19:12
I know you're full right now, but I'd love to join whenever there's an opening.

tooley1chris
June 24th, 2012, 04:43
I've been wanting to run RM myself and would love to play a player to get a feel of how it works as Im pretty new with FG2. Thanks for letting me know if I can join/watch a bit.

Dakadin
June 24th, 2012, 07:43
I've been wanting to run RM myself and would love to play a player to get a feel of how it works as Im pretty new with FG2. Thanks for letting me know if I can join/watch a bit.

Welcome!

You can find a game looking for players in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16679.

Don't hesitate to post any questions. There are a lot of people willing to answer your questions.

bennis1980
July 13th, 2012, 12:52
I have a new post on about that game starting next month here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16917

Thanks