PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Changing Owner vs Combat Tracker

lachancery
January 24th, 2012, 04:10
Could you someone else run this test and see if you experience the same bug as I:

Start up the host on a campaign with characters.
Open the Combat Tracker.
Release the owner of a character.
Connect with a client using a different username.
Select the release character.
Share the Combat Tracker.

Does the user see the shield icon to click on and change his OB/DB and roll for his attack?

In my case, the user change does not change to the new user until I restart the host. I can release the character as many times, the combat tracker only displays the shield icon to the previous owner.

I stumbled on that issue yesterday when I asked one of the player, whose character was out, to play the character of another player who was absent. I released the character and asked him to take over. He was not able to see the Combat Tracker shield icon until I rebooted. And he kept seeing it even after I released the character and the original player logged on. The original player could not see his shield icon, but the guy who had temporarily taken the character over could see it. That is, until I rebooted the host.

Is this confusing?

Trenloe
January 24th, 2012, 06:59
Yeah, the same thing happens for me.

Work-around is to delete the entry from the combat tracker and then put it back when the new player has control - this establishes the correct player-to-character relationship in the CT. No need to restart FG! :)

lachancery
January 24th, 2012, 17:53
Yeah, the same thing happens for me.

Work-around is to delete the entry from the combat tracker and then put it back when the new player has control - this establishes the correct player-to-character relationship in the CT. No need to restart FG! :)
Thanks for confirming. I didn't try to do that since the character had active effects (wounds really), but I'll know for the future.