PDA

View Full Version : Critical Confirmation Roll with non-20 roll

NineShadowEyes
January 23rd, 2012, 23:37
So after fiddling about with the 3.5/PF ruleset it appears that the auto confirmation roll only happens on a natural 20. What about threat ranges? 19-20? 18-20? Why doesn't that work?

Leonal
January 24th, 2012, 00:43
It should work, maybe you type in the threat ranges in a way FG doesn't recognize? Try writing just 19 for example. (for PC char)

Trenloe
January 24th, 2012, 06:39
It works OK for me - I have a player with a threat range of 17-20 and it kicks in at the right time. As Leonal says, try just the lowest number for the "Crit Rng" setting for the weapon - for my example, I just have 17

NineShadowEyes
January 24th, 2012, 07:53
Doesn't work for me. In the image I'm doing an attack roll with a rapier (18-20/x2). You can see I rolled a natural 18 and no auto-confirmation roll.

https://www.othertales.com/gaming/Untitled.jpg

Where should I "write 19"? These weapon stats are pulled straight from the weapons list in the basic rules mod (drag and drop); if anything is in a format FG doesn't recognize it's not my fault.

This doesn't work for players either.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2012, 08:08
Ah, OK - this is for an NPC, not a player... try:

Rapier +1 (1d6/18-20)

Check the Hobgoblin in the Pathfinder Bestiary module for more examples - it has an example of a x3 critical as well (although this is just for reference and isn't automatically rolled).

For a Player, you need to go to the actions tab and click the magnifying glass to the right of the damage box on the weapon entry, this will show the extra options for the weapon - including Crit Rng and Crit Mult.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2012, 08:12
These weapon stats are pulled straight from the weapons list in the basic rules mod (drag and drop); if anything is in a format FG doesn't recognize it's not my fault.
Drag-and-drop doesn't work for NPCs, only players. I've just done a test dragging and dropping a rapier onto a player character's action tab and it populated with the correct values.

NineShadowEyes
January 24th, 2012, 18:35
Ah, I didn't realize it's only for PCs.

At anyrate, I reinstalled FG and did the update and that seems to have fixed the PC issue. I'll change the weapon stats for NPCs as you suggest.

Thanks!