PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Crystal Mine

Tailz Silver Paws
January 22nd, 2012, 08:11
The Mystery of the Gnome Crystal Mine has been completed, phew! I have just posted the pack on rpgnow.com (www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=98561) along with some sample images. I hope you all enjoy my first attempt at making a micro-module.

dr_venture
January 22nd, 2012, 20:11
Congrats on your product launch! It sounds like it would be a very good product for Castles & Crusades, my game system of choice.

There's an awful lot to read on product description over at RPGNow, which is especially hard to read in giant paragraphs. I would humbly suggest breaking the text into paragraphs, maybe shortening it, and really hilight the important data. I didn't read through it, so please view the following in that light.

As a game master, what I'm looking for in a module listing (and which can be hard to find, which usually means I just pass on that product and move on to another) is: does this fit my campaign? That means the most important info to me is how closely the module matches my chosen game system (d20 is a pretty good match for C&C, FWIW), the level of the module and/or number of players, the basic setting (i.e., arctic, forest, swamp, city, etc.), and an idea of the nature of the module - how long it is, whether or not it has tons of role playing, how much combat... just basic content stuff so I can guess whether or not it will fit with my players' personalities.

That said, I rarely can get much of this info from the product listings without reading a whole lot. My humble opinion: the easier you can make it for GMs to identify that your listing is something they might be interested in, the more customers you'll capture.

Good luck to you, my friend - long live self publishers!

Tailz Silver Paws
January 22nd, 2012, 23:21
Recommended Party: 4-5 PCs of 4th Level.
Overall Location Type: Caves.
Estimated Time: 2-3 hours.
Emphasis: Combat, with some NPC interaction.
Encounters: Three CR4 Encounters.

dr_venture
January 22nd, 2012, 23:29
The listing looks really good, now - much better than a lot of module listings I've seen. I can pop it open and see exactly what's going on very quickly. Nice job!

Tailz Silver Paws
January 23rd, 2012, 00:43
The listing looks really good, now - much better than a lot of module listings I've seen. I can pop it open and see exactly what's going on very quickly. Nice job!
No No! Thank you Dr Venture for the hints and tips! https://fc04.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/282/1/2/_typerhappy__by_de_Mote.gif

damned
January 23rd, 2012, 01:07
the artwork looks great too :)