PDA

View Full Version : Assign Cards

kdietri
January 22nd, 2012, 00:43
Is it possible to take one of the cards, say from the public hand, and assign it to someone in the initiative tracker?

I'm specifically asking in regards to the Deluxe chase rules in which people draw one card per success or raise on a trait roll and take the best one.

Doswelk
January 22nd, 2012, 02:05
Do you have the Deadlands ruleset?

We use the poker table for chases.

Using that code I created an extension for my non-deadlands games that let me use the poker table to deal multiple cards to each player, then we manually work out the order (as if we were face-to-face) not ideal but good enough until PW gives us SWD ruleset.

kdietri
January 22nd, 2012, 02:14
Yep, I'm updated to 3.2.

I have the card deck tool. It'd just be nice if you could drag those dealt cards onto the card slot in the initiative tracker. Or cycle through the cards of peoples in the initiative tracker, similar to mouse wheel editing, maybe hy holding control.

Or is there a way to clear people's cards? As per the deluxe chase rules people who fail their trait roll don't get a chard at all. I guess you could just put them on hold, but it'd be nice to just clear their card just to keep it straight.

phantomwhale
January 22nd, 2012, 04:16
I'm hoping to include a chase tool with the Savage Worlds Deluxe extension (under development).

Regarding other points, I'm holding out hope that a token sharing issue will be fixed in FGII - users of 3.1 may recall that users occasionally could not see cards under FGII v2.8, this was because they were tokens - in SW v3.2 they were changed to images which worked around the bug.

But if I could change them back to tokens in a future version, we could enable lots more drag-and-drop type behaviour more easily.