PDA

View Full Version : Change color of mask?

Johnnyr
January 20th, 2012, 18:55
I think I may be missing it (or maybe not) but is there a way to change the color of a masked area? (Perhaps Black vs Tan, or some kind of mostly translucent but slightly darker color indicated no line of sight/cant see an area yet)

Griogre
January 21st, 2012, 00:35
There is not a way to change the color of the mask.

Zeus
January 21st, 2012, 00:43
There is a way to hack it if you really have a desperate need change the mask color however your still limited to one color.

You need open the ruleset files and edit the frame image for the image window class (in 3.5E/4E, its called graphics/frames/imagebox.png) and change the color of the background of the image.

i.e. change background to black for a grey/black mask or to red for a pink/red mask.

Johnnyr
January 21st, 2012, 01:06
Thank you!

There is a way to hack it if you really have a desperate need change the mask color however your still limited to one color.

You need open the ruleset files and edit the frame image for the image window class (in 3.5E/4E, its called graphics/frames/imagebox.png) and change the color of the background of the image.

i.e. change background to black for a grey/black mask or to red for a pink/red mask.

Johnnyr
January 21st, 2012, 02:28
Does this change the color of anything else? (like the regular window backgrounds)

Zeus
January 21st, 2012, 09:05
It depends on whether the ruleset you are using shares the same imagebox frame graphic with other window classes.

However its possible to change the image windowclass frame exclusively by just using a differently named frame graphic just for image windows.

I have added a note to add - mask colour functionality - into the next iteration of enhanced images. I'm planning some software updates for next week.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2012, 11:33
I have added a note to add - mask colour functionality - into the next iteration of enhanced images. I'm planning some software updates for next week.
Ooooohhhhhh, what are you adding?

Will I be able (allowed) to move these over to the 3.5E version? :)

Zeus
January 21st, 2012, 11:38
Of course. :) And to Foundation Core as well.

I should be releasing the following next week:

- 4E Tree of Life (PC<->NPC Convertor)
- 4E Enhanced Images - Mask Colors
- ExportManager update (Notes)

And if I have time the week after, 4E PC Condition Status and 4E Combat Morale.

Nilliom
January 21st, 2012, 16:05
Dr Zeuss since your working on the ExportModule have you looked at a way to export the token position on maps for encounters?

Zeus
January 21st, 2012, 17:04
Not yet, but I will look into it as is JPG.