PDA

View Full Version : Players Missing Martial Arts Attack Tables

NEPHiLiX
January 20th, 2012, 07:23
I just noticed this and couldn't find any reference to it in the forum, so I figured I'd stick my head out and see if I was just missing something basic:

The problem is this: when a player has a skill in a particular weapon, he can drag and drop said weapon into his PC's combat tab (on his character sheet) and toggle the "use" feature. When that PC is dropped into the combat tracker by the GM, he can attack from the CT and when the Attack Resolver opens up (on the GM's screen), the GM can drag the respective attack table from the CT to the AR and proceed. However, the player can't drag Martial Arts from the Standard/Additional Weapons section of the Arms Law library, meaning that the GM has to do this manually everytime the PC is removed from the CT (aka: every battle). Also, this seems to be a problem with Elemental Spell Attack Tables as well.

Is this an oversight or did I miss something?

Dakadin
January 20th, 2012, 07:37
The player just has to right click the Martial Arts section which is right below the Weapons section of the combat tab. Then choose Create Item. It will add a new item to put the martial arts information. If you click the value in the Type column, it will toggle between Striking and Sw/Th. Then just fill in the Rank Bonus information and check off Use. It will show up in the Combat Tracker the next time you drag the PC into it.

NEPHiLiX
January 20th, 2012, 08:20
The player just has to right click the Martial Arts section which is right below the Weapons section of the combat tab. Then choose Create Item. It will add a new item to put the martial arts information. If you click the value in the Type column, it will toggle between Striking and Sw/Th. Then just fill in the Rank Bonus information and check off Use. It will show up in the Combat Tracker the next time you drag the PC into it.

I tried that, but while the table seems to appear in the CT, the table won't drag like any other weapon on his PC entry in the CT onto the resolver...

Any idea on the elemental attack spell front?

Dakadin
January 20th, 2012, 15:33
Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.

Lachancery mentions how to do the elemental attacks in this thread in the 2nd post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15350

Basically it involves creating a new Weapon. Then you change its Type to Elemental Attack and drag the appropriate attack table onto the new weapon from the Tables List.

You can use the same approach for the martial arts attacks. I just created a new weapon. Then I set the Type to Natural Attack and changed the Table to MA Sweeps and Throws by dragging it from the Table List. I just tested it and I think it works the way you want.

lachancery
January 20th, 2012, 17:16
Lachancery mentions how to do the elemental attacks in this thread in the 2nd post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15350

I have uploaded an image of the detailed weapon window in that other thread to explain it better.

NEPHiLiX
January 21st, 2012, 00:13
Problems solved--thank you both! I didn't realize that only the GM instance of FG could solve this problem.