PDA

View Full Version : Changing what you kill at

graphil
January 18th, 2012, 22:10
I have a house rule that I kill on -con rather than -10.
Is that possible to implement in the combat tracker?

Trenloe
January 19th, 2012, 03:47
*** Updated 29th December 2012 - compatible with V2.9.2 of Fantasy Grounds ***

That is actually what Pathfinder uses, so I quickly made this little extension for you.

Unzip this file into your extensions folder, then you should see an extension option when you load a campaign of "Houserule - Dead at minus Constitution Score in 3.5E" and this will automatically change the label from "Dying" to "Dead" when a creatures HP's are at minus their Con score.

graphil
January 19th, 2012, 20:31
You are a star!
thx.

graphil
May 17th, 2012, 19:13
Hi Trenloe,

Note that the extension causes an error on the new party sheet in 2.9.
As DM opening skills tab on the party sheet for the first time I get.
Script Error: [string "ps_skills:skilldropdown"]:1: attempt to call field 'getPSSkillList' (a nil value)
The skill check drop down doesn't populated with skills after that.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2012, 00:05
Hi Trenloe,

Note that the extension causes an error on the new party sheet in 2.9.
As DM opening skills tab on the party sheet for the first time I get.
Script Error: [string "ps_skills:skilldropdown"]:1: attempt to call field 'getPSSkillList' (a nil value)
The skill check drop down doesn't populated with skills after that.
Yeah, that's because the extension overwrites the V2.9 manager_gamesystem.lua file with the V2.8.1 (slightly modified to use con as the dying level).

Is this actually needed in V2.9 - does it take the dying level as -con in PFRPG mode?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot the original reason for the extension - to make the dying level -con in 3.5E not PFRPG, right?

Best thing is to wait until the V2.9 full release is out and I'll then look into making an extension. There's really not much point in making the extension now as there is a chance that manager_gamesystem.lua will be changed again as part of beta testing and something else might break.

graphil
May 18th, 2012, 19:48
Yep this is non pathfinder 35E.

Maxxx26
June 27th, 2012, 13:55
Hey Trenloe, since you did such a quick and fantastic job with the extension, I wonder if I might ask you to do something similar for the pathfinder version.

In our games, which are very high powered, we have modified the dying rules as follows:
1. You die at -1/4 your hp if it is lower than -Con (thus a character with 200hp really dies at -50 :) )
2. Instead of a Constitution check you do a Fort save with the same DC.

It would be an enormous help if you could implement that as an extension. Thanks a lot.

graphil
December 29th, 2012, 11:02
Hi Trenloe, any chance you can fix this at some point?

Malkavian_Andi
December 29th, 2012, 12:04
While we're at this topic, is it possible to change the amount of negative life to kill a character for just a single character?

I have a character with "Heart of the Wilderness", which says he'll only die when he is at -(Con + 1/2 character level). (and later, he will gain another ability that lets him go even lower)
Is there a possiblity to include these abilities or do I just have to inform the GM when my character will actually die?

Trenloe
December 29th, 2012, 14:27
Hi Trenloe, any chance you can fix this at some point?
Done - see updated attachment in post #2. This will only work in V2.9.2 of the 3.5E Ruleset.

Trenloe
December 29th, 2012, 14:31
Hey Trenloe, since you did such a quick and fantastic job with the extension, I wonder if I might ask you to do something similar for the pathfinder version.

In our games, which are very high powered, we have modified the dying rules as follows:
1. You die at -1/4 your hp if it is lower than -Con (thus a character with 200hp really dies at -50 :) )
2. Instead of a Constitution check you do a Fort save with the same DC.

It would be an enormous help if you could implement that as an extension. Thanks a lot.
For item 1, take a look at the extension in post #2 of this thread (change the .ext of the filename to .zip and unzip to get access to the files) - the scripts\manager_gamesystem.lua script sets in the death threshold in the getDeathThreshold(rActor) function. You'd need to modify this code to change the death threshold for your requirements.

Trenloe
December 29th, 2012, 14:33
While we're at this topic, is it possible to change the amount of negative life to kill a character for just a single character?

I have a character with "Heart of the Wilderness", which says he'll only die when he is at -(Con + 1/2 character level). (and later, he will gain another ability that lets him go even lower)
Is there a possiblity to include these abilities or do I just have to inform the GM when my character will actually die?
It's possible to do this automatically, but this would require quite a bit of custom coding in the ruleset - you're much better off handling this manually in your game.