PDA

View Full Version : Ubiquity Roleplaying System? (HEX, etc.)

Moleman
January 18th, 2012, 22:07
Greetings!

I think about purchasing Fantasy Grounds but the RPG system I run most online is Exile Game Studio's Ubiquity Roleplaying System which is used by games like Hollow Earth Expedition, Desolation, All for One: Régime Diabolique, Leagues of Adventure and the new German version of Space 1889. So I wonder if there is any Ubiquity framework for Fantasy Grounds? Maptool as a free alternative has at least implemented Ubiquity dice. What about Fantasy Grounds 2? It doesn't make much sense for me to buy it if there's nothing like that.

Thanks for any help!

daddystabz
February 4th, 2012, 20:16
I'd love to see support for this myself.

krb243
March 2nd, 2012, 01:47
ubiquity would be a system i'd definantly support, especially hex!

Oberoten
March 5th, 2012, 11:27
What are the particular mechanics of the Dice? I might be able to cobble something like that together for you...

- Obe

Litvyak
March 5th, 2012, 17:38
Ubiquity uses a pool of D2s (each dice has a 50% chance of being a success, and all successes are totaled). Ubiquity Dice are special dice designed to reproduce the result range of a number of D2s, reducing the number of dice that need to be rolled. In Fantasy Grounds it's a trivial task to write a script to roll a number of D2s and total the results, so I don't really see any point to implementing Ubiquity Dice.