PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts issue

Shinmuriel
January 17th, 2012, 22:50
Hey guys, been away a while and just got back into FG. Lots of changes from what i see. Everything seems to be working much better now but I have a question or two. I noticed that shortcuts (the little red tack's that appear when you drop a "story" onto a map) are not showing up for player's. Is there a way to remedy this? Thanks for any advice and good job on the changes, I love that FG stays open now when I lose connection, big improvement.

-Two thumbs up

Trenloe
January 17th, 2012, 23:27
I've only been using FG for a year now, so not sure if these were ever available to players before. But, ever since I've been using it (V2.7) the pin links are GM only functionality. They provide links direct to story entries etc. for GMs only.

gmkieran
January 18th, 2012, 20:34
this may also have something to do with the layered image functionality that's being included in 4e and some extensions, now. If you place the shortcut in the Player layer, it should be visible to the players (if it ever was), but if it's placed in the GM layer it will only be visible to the GM. I had an issue with this early on, because I placed shortcuts in the GM layer, but then I had to be *in* the GM layer to access them (I, as the GM, could see them from any layer, but could only use them if the GM layer was open). Out of curiosity, what are you linking to that you want your players to access? I've always thought of the shortcuts as a GM tool for navigating module data, not something I'd want my players getting to.

cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
January 19th, 2012, 06:24
I've done some testing in 3.5E and 4E, with and without the enhanced images extension (layers) for both rulesets and I can't get pins to show for players.

The library documentation says "While the pin layer is enabled, the GM can view, create or delete pins on images." There's no mention of players at all...