PDA

View Full Version : Noobie questions

graphil
January 17th, 2012, 17:23
Got FG today and have been getting familiar with things.

A few questions so far.

1. It is possible to resize an image? I can zoom etc but what I mean is to change the frame size to shrink it.

2. It is possible to get timestamps for the chat window?

3. How do you do a fixed amount of damage in combat to someone rather than via a roll? So for example if you want to do 10 points of damage to someone.

dplehwalder
January 17th, 2012, 18:34
1. Hold down the Control key then click on image and move mouse to resize the image frame.

2. Sorry cant help with this one.

3. You can directly add it to the NPC/PC buy putting your mouse over the wounds box and using the scroll wheel (may need to hold control key).
or
type: /die 10 (replace 10 with whatever damage you want), hit return. Then drag that to the PC/NPC's Wounds box on the combat tracker. The Damage will then apply and you will get a Chat log message for it.

lachancery
January 17th, 2012, 18:40
Got FG today and have been getting familiar with things.

Great purchase and welcome to the community - you'll enjoy it! :) Many of the newbie questions depend on which ruleset you are using?

1. It is possible to resize an image? I can zoom etc but what I mean is to change the frame size to shrink it.

The ruleset you're using defined what the maximum window size is. For all windows, you can hold the Ctrl key and left-click buttons down at the same time while the cursor is on the window to resize it. Some windows can't be resized (typical examples are the chat & the character sheet).

2. It is possible to get timestamps for the chat window?

I haven't used a ruleset that had that option yet - check the options panel of your ruleset. I would be surprised if it were hard to implement in an extension, if you have Lua/XML coding skills.

3. How do you do a fixed amount of damage in combat to someone rather than via a roll? So for example if you want to do 10 points of damage to someone.
The combat tracker is used by the DM to coordinate battles. It's very ease to manually type the damage in the combat tracker, but I'm assuming you were asking if there was a way to do it as an action/attack on a character sheet? Perhaps your ruleset allows you to set the damage of the action to "/die 10"?

graphil
January 17th, 2012, 19:10
v3.5 for reference and I've got 1&3 sorted now.

Zeus
January 17th, 2012, 19:47
There is a generic basic calendar extension that can be used to manually record time, including sending timestamps to the chat window. You may want to search on the FGWiki.

However as the FGII LUA API does not support a Clock object or set of functions there is no easy way of building in time management to rulesets.

For 4E, my Partysheet extension can be also be used to maintain a campaign calendar and journal/diary. Again it supports sending date and time stamps to the chat window.