PDA

View Full Version : Player's images do not load

tattoocory
January 16th, 2012, 19:30
I am currently using version 2.8.1 and so are all my players. I run windows 7 and so do all my players. However, I have one player that is unable to see any images that I share. Their screen acts as if it is forever loading. The strange thing is that when they first purchased the program, it worked. However, it has since stopped, and I don't really remember it that was before we upgraded to 2.8.1, perhaps it was back with just 2.8. The strange thing is that all the other players work fine, without any problems. What could I do to fix this?

Trenloe
January 16th, 2012, 20:01
First thing I'd check is that the player with the problems has actually upgraded their Fantasy Grounds (FG) to 2.8.1 - ask them to check the version in the top right corner when they first start FG. It may even be worth getting them to run an update, just in case the previous update didn't fully complete.

Second, for problems that one player sees and others don't, a good thing to try is for the problem player to delete their campaign cache folder (when not logged into FG) and then reconnect to the campaign. This will download a fresh campaign cache and might fix the issue they were seeing.

To delete the campaign cache folder, the player must go to the FG app data folder, accessed from Windows Start - All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder. Open the "cache" directory and find the directory with the name of the campaign you are playing and delete it. Start FG and join the game - it will take a couple of minutes to re-download the campaign info and create a new campaign cache file.

If downloading this cache file takes forever (more than 10 minutes) then there could be other issues which would require further attention. Perhaps try this when there are no other players logged into FG (to ensure the GM instance of Fantasy Grounds has full upload bandwidth to the one player) and make sure that the player is not downloading/uploading anything else while they're playing (bittorrent, emule, other P2P programs, etc.).

muklin
February 24th, 2015, 08:07
Hey guys, just wanted to make note here that the deletion of the campaign folder and cache folder fixed this problem for one of the guys in our group.

damned
February 24th, 2015, 09:33
Welcome muklin.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/fg-con-6-150-15.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Trenloe
February 24th, 2015, 15:39
Hey guys, just wanted to make note here that the deletion of the campaign folder and cache folder fixed this problem for one of the guys in our group.
Just in case other read this, the player shouldn't delete the "campaigns" folder, just the "cache" folder. I hope they don't GM as well as the campaign folder would contain their campaign details for when they GM and that's just been deleted! :-o

Since the posting of the instructions above (3 years ago) there has been the addition of a button in FG that clears only the player cache. On the "Join Game" screen press the nuclear button towards the top right to clear the player cache.