PDA

View Full Version : Gaa! Frustrated!!!

Captcorajus
January 16th, 2012, 09:31
Still can't get spells to populate in the spell area of the character sheet nor can I populate anything in the main area of the monster card. What am I missing? Any reference on this rules set yet??

Trenloe
January 16th, 2012, 10:11
Still can't get spells to populate in the spell area of the character sheet
You need to have given the PC a class (on the main tab) that is recognised as a spell-caster. Try "Wizard" and then you will see the "Wizard" spell class in the spells tab. Enter the number of spells per level you can cast per day and the level headings will appear. Now you can create spells or drag them from the rulebook library entry.

nor can I populate anything in the main area of the monster card.
What are you trying to populate in the "main" tab? This is just a free-text area for description etc. See some monster examples in the "Monster and Treasure" library module.

Any reference on this rules set yet??
Not really, there's a brief FAQ found under Windows Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Add Ons -> Castles and Crusades V2.1

damned
January 16th, 2012, 11:26
the ruleset costs $10 and theres probably about 50 copies of it out there... the extensions are a labour of love... what you have seen is about what you get. it wont do everything for you but it will make a lot of things easier. another challenge you will face is unless your characters buy the c&c ruleset they wont be able to view things from PHB like equipment and spell lists... you can drag and drop for them or they can type it in from their own hardcopy or purchased pdf copies of the rulesets.

a lot of it is learning as you go and posting here...
monsters dont typically carry equipment as such - the monster sheets are far more brief, for thise humanoid monsters you will typically type in a weapon and a damage so your combat descriptions will work while others you can drag and drop claw or bite attacks etc as they are.

Captcorajus
January 16th, 2012, 14:58
What I was seeing was that I couldn't type anything on a new monster sheet, in the Main space. No big deal, I could list what spells the monster might have and then simply link the spells in the body of the adventure.

I'm a very experienced DM, but I'm old school to be sure... lol. Some of this 'new fangled' DM stuff is having its wicked way with me. lol.

Trenloe
January 16th, 2012, 19:44
What I was seeing was that I couldn't type anything on a new monster sheet, in the Main space.
If you can't see "click to enter description" text in the main tab of your new monster - try right-clicking in the top left of the text entry area and selecting "enter edit mode" (the brush icon at 6 o'clock on the radial menu) - if this is not available try right-clicking in a few different places towards the top left or on any text that may be in there as the edit icon will only appear when right-clicking on where text has been entered.

damned
January 16th, 2012, 23:27
yeah - I think you shoudl be able to edit your monsters. one thing that I do is to create a monsters tab in my personalities section and drag those monsters I want to use there so that if i make changes to monsters it doesnt affect all future monsters of that type. and then if you customise your monster and want a chief and sub-chief version you can drag your customised entry to a blank spot and then change the name and the hd or whatever rather than doing the whiole thing again.
combat tab of monsters should always be editable but you have to switch to edit mode to change the main field.

Captcorajus
January 18th, 2012, 18:29
Yes, that's what I'm doing now. So much easier! Thanks!