PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding ultimate license

Falkus
January 15th, 2012, 22:15
Hi, first time poster here and a DM who's interested in Fantasy Grounds

I've been given the chance to run a Fourth Edition game for the War of the Burning Sky campaign from ENWorld for several of my friends that I currently play Dark Heresy with over IRC. Given the more map oriented nature of the Fourth Edition rules; we're strongly considering using a virtual table top to run it; and given that there are currently Fantasy Ground modules for War of the Burning sky, that's the program I'm planning on using.

I just want to verify something before I purchase it: If I get the Ultimate license; the rest of my players without licenses would be able to connect to a campaign I host; and play as if they had full licenses?

phantomwhale
January 15th, 2012, 22:51
Yep, that's how I did it.

I bought the license, the rulesets, the extensions and my players just show up :)

FGII is an excellent tool for making virtual gaming a lot more fun and easy to play. I didn't think my non-technical non-internet-savvy gamers would stick with gaming when I moved 8,500 miles away, but our campaign is going stronger than ever.

Falkus
January 15th, 2012, 22:53
Excellent! Thank you very much! That's what I needed to know :)

Valarian
January 16th, 2012, 11:00
You will need to tinker about to open port 1802 for FG2 use in order to run a game. Test it with the unlicensed version first, running the demo campaign.

ddavison
January 17th, 2012, 02:41
Hi, first time poster here and a DM who's interested in Fantasy Grounds
I just want to verify something before I purchase it: If I get the Ultimate license; the rest of my players without licenses would be able to connect to a campaign I host; and play as if they had full licenses?

The unregistered connections actually act like a Lite license. The Full license adds things that let people GM a game mostly.

Falkus
January 22nd, 2012, 02:46
Thank you all for your advice! I used the demo version earlier this evening, and spent some time with one of the friends I'll be playing with. We got it connected and running; and we both love it. As a result, I've purchased the ultimate license, and I look forward to starting my game! Thanks again!

bislab
February 1st, 2012, 04:34
Another question about the Ultimate license that may have been answered elsewhere but I could not find it:
If I connect as a PLAYER with a registered Ultimate license to a GM who has a FULL license, does the GM now have access to my unlimited connections?

Griogre
February 1st, 2012, 04:56
No he doesn't. The Ultimate license just allows you to host people with unlicensed versions and allows you to connect to games with hosts that have the full or ultimate license.

GunnarGreybeard
February 1st, 2012, 13:04
Another question about the Ultimate license that may have been answered elsewhere but I could not find it:
If I connect as a PLAYER with a registered Ultimate license to a GM who has a FULL license, does the GM now have access to my unlimited connections?The licensing level is that for the "host" machine. It doesn't affect what the other licenses, that are connecting, can do as far as changing their features.