PDA

View Full Version : C&C version Tech problems?

Captcorajus
January 15th, 2012, 18:06
The chat window I can't seem to move, so the Dice are like right over top of it, and then the modifier window doesn't do anything when I click on it.

In the character creation section, I put in a 10 for my character's stats, and it came up as a +13 (which the gives an oval pop up, i assume because that's an illegal number?).

Also the dex mod doesn't auto fill under the initiative block.

Gaa! Kind of driving me crazy trying to figure these things out.

Thanks.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2012, 23:51
The chat window I can't seem to move, so the Dice are like right over top of it, and then the modifier window doesn't do anything when I click on it.
You can't move the chat window, but you can move the default location of the dice. "Move" the dice to a location you prefer by left-click and ragging each die. Then right-click on the background and select "set arrange position", this means that when you right-click and use the "arrange dice" option it will arrange them in this new position. This should allow you to move the dice away from the chat window and modifier box.

In the character creation section, I put in a 10 for my character's stats, and it came up as a +13 (which the gives an oval pop up, i assume because that's an illegal number?).
If the oval pop-up is coming up, it sounds like you've accidentally used the mouse scroll-wheel while hovering over the entry. To stop this happening, go to "Options" (check mark icon in the top right) and select "CTRL" for "Mouse wheel editing". This will mean that using the mouse wheel will only edit if you hold down the CTRL key at the same time.

Now, to get rid of your "+13" - hover the mouse cursor over the bonus box in quest, hold CTRL and use the mouse scroll wheel to reduce it back to 0.

Also the dex mod doesn't auto fill under the initiative block.
You're right, it doesn't. Checking the C&C rules, the Dex modifier doesn't get added to the d10 initiative rolls. Dex is only used in the case of a tie.

Captcorajus
January 16th, 2012, 00:47
Awesome! Thank you, that got it. Was simply driving me bonkers as to what was going on. Thanks a lot. Though perhaps I might ask another question. How do I populate the spells window? I've clicked all over it, and it doesn't populate, though the class does say fighter... how do I change it to wizard. Is there a way to drop and drag the spells from the book to the player character record?

Trenloe
January 16th, 2012, 00:55
Cool - glad that helped. :)

Also, you may well want to use Sorcerer's C&C extensiion - it adds some nice little additions. Info and download in this thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14817).

Captcorajus
January 16th, 2012, 05:27
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!