PDA

View Full Version : v2.8.1 and masking a new image issue

spoofer
January 15th, 2012, 12:27
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the best place for a bug report, so my apologies if I overlooked a better location.

My group is having an issue with masking an image. If we load up an image from a purcahsed or acquired module, there is no problem.

However, if I right click on the Maps and Images tab, choose new item, and then create an image from scratch using the drawing tool, the masking function does not work. Specifically, the options are missing from the layers radial menu.

This has been verified by two of us.

Furthermore, it seems that images that have been dropped the
\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\my_adventure\images
directory also seem to sometimes have the same problem.

Help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Ram Tyr
January 15th, 2012, 13:15
Did you check to be sure you are on the bottom layer if you are using a ruleset with the enhanced images extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15537&highlight=image+layer+mask)?

spoofer
January 15th, 2012, 14:09
Thanks for you suggestion.

We are not using that extension. Your question suggested to me that this problem may be specific to the 4e ruleset. I attempted to reproduce this using the foundations ruleset, and was able to do. So it seems to be a problem with the way new images are created in FG in general.

K.

Zeus
January 15th, 2012, 15:31
@Spoofer: Masking is only supported on images not drawings.

To workaround this limitation, outside of FGII create a blank (white/brown/black background) JPG file sized to 2000x2000 or whatever dimensions you require and call it whatever you want. You can use any paint program that supports JPG to do this (mspaint, GiMP etc. etc.). Then copy the .jpg file to the campaign images subfolder.

From within FGII, select the image from the Images list. You should now be able to draw on the blank canvas as well as mask.

spoofer
January 17th, 2012, 11:47
That is an easy workaround. Thanks.

Kevin