PDA

View Full Version : A Grim World of Fantasy and Adventure - WHFRP2

Sillius
January 13th, 2012, 20:12
Hey all. Yard of Steel, my existing Warhammer campaign, is now recruiting one or two players. Well, three if two were filled and someone really awesome comes along. We have had four players, but one needed to take a break for work-related reasons.

For those unfamiliar with Warhammer roleplay, it has been described as lying somewhere between Call of Cthulhu and Dungeons and Dragons. It is probably the progenitor of most low fantasy roleplaying games. Thematically it has more in common with A Game of Thrones, Plunkett and Macleane, or The Witcher than with Tolkien. As one wag put it:

D&D: You're surrounded by orcs.
WFRP: It's drizzling, and you're surrounded by orcs.

We are a mature bunch, and we meet every other Saturday. We would be looking to start new players on January 28th, though an experienced WHFRP player could probably get in by the 14th (tomorrow). Characters are early in their second careers, and a new player would start at the average of the others' experience levels. Currently the players are in an expanded version of "Death on the Reik," but I hope to go a little more freeform after that.

Message me here and/or post in this thread if interested, and thank you for your attention.

WombatKing
January 15th, 2012, 00:09
Myself and 2 close friends of mine may be interested. We're also mature folks (college and career ages). I'm intimately familiar with the warhammer universe having played the tabletop wargame off and on over the years since 3rd edition. A few months ago, I tried my hand at dm'ing some WFRP2e for my friends. It went pretty well till we had to stop due to real life/scheduling issues. We're new to WFRP but have a fair grasp of concepts/mechanics.

A couple of questions:
1) What time zone are you in and what time are the games held?
2) How long does the typical gaming session last?
3) I bought an ultimate license so that I could host for my friends and some other folks we were trying to get on board. As such, my buddies don't have a license... does the dm of your game have an ultimate license?

We're in USA central and eastern time zones.

_JC_
January 15th, 2012, 00:42
I'd also be interested. Have not played WFRP, but well versed in the world, having played tabletop and Mordheim for the last 10 years or so.

Also would need to know timezone and such before committing fully.

Sillius
January 15th, 2012, 22:20
I don't recruit often, so I didn't think to include time and date. Seems pretty important now.

We play from 5-10 EST on alternate Saturdays. We had a blast last night. Witch hunters make the very best villains as well as heroes.

Sillius
January 15th, 2012, 22:35
I am afraid that I do not have an ultimate license, though.

_JC_
January 15th, 2012, 23:43
Well that time works for me. Have to wait till next week when i get my uni timetable to see if i have class on monday though. As its 8-1 for me.

Sillius
January 24th, 2012, 20:19
So, any word on your schedule, JC? Still interested?