PDA

View Full Version : Router Won't Let me Forward to 1802

January 13th, 2012, 02:02
I recently upgraded the Firmware on my Netgear WNDR3400 and now when I try to enable port forwarding for 1802 it gives me an error message that the port is in use. I have disabled UPnP, disabled RIP, disabled remote management, and confirmed that there is no forwarding or triggering that is tied to that port. But the router insists there is an issue. I shutdown all my computers, rebooted the router, rebooted my laptop and immediately tried to forward the port once it came up...same problem. I had to cancel my game tonight because of this issue. Anyone else experiencing this after a recent firmware upgrade?

Trenloe
January 13th, 2012, 04:23
Might be worth doing a system reset to put everyting back to a base build. A bit of a pain if you've done a lot of configuration on the router already.

If you can backup your configuration, might be worth doing that and trying a system reset and a base build (internet setup and port forwarding) and see if that works.

Ardem
January 13th, 2012, 06:47
Happy to try an help in this issue. This is my standard day job <smile>

Are you quite sure it in not 'port forwarding' do you have the ability to telnet to your IP number using a external computer on that port. Some what I am saying may sound like silly question but worth checking.

Use command prompt "Start->Run cmd"

telnet ipaddress 1802

If it works you will see black screen and a cursor in the top left hand corner, if it does not work you should see ....blah blah: Connect failed.

Next try in the command prompt on your computer netstat -na look for 0.0.0.0:1802 this means your FG is listening, if it is not there turn off your windows firewall in services and try again. If it shows up your looking at a windows firewall issue. If it still does not show up your looking at an AV or FG issue. AV turn off try again, if FG reinstall. NOTE: Make sure FG is running in this process.

If the netstat -na is listening then, if possible try a internal computer to connect using telnet or FG if possible, just for testing sake, else we looking at a routing issue anyway.

Check your ipconfig on your PC yes internet may be working but humour me and make sure subnetmask is the same as the routers which will be either 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0 or 255.0.0.0, this must be the same else there will be issues.

Having done all the above and the router is correct then I agree with above and reset the above device most devices have a hard reset.

View this link https://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17216/~/wndr3400-firmware-version-1.0.0.38

Note the 4 line, you must do a hard reset.. View the below image how to do it.

https://resnet.uci.edu/config/NETGEARConfiguration.asp

Hope that gives you something to work on.