PDA

View Full Version : Scrabble?

JFK
January 9th, 2012, 03:29
Hi everyone,

Tonight I was messing around with trying to use FGII to play Scrabble. Yep.

I created the Tiles as Tokens, and made the Scrabble board as a map image. no problems.
However, I have no clue on scripting anything. Has anyone thought about (or created) as Scrabble ruleset? It would be quite a limited thing, but I think it'd be very fun! I see a simple character sheet for keeping score, showing Tiles a player has picked up, etc. It'd need to randomize available Tile pool, and eliminate used tiles and held tiles from the pool, and note tiles left on the PC sheet. Scoring could be handled by players or could be calculated.

There are other Scrabble online games out there, but none of them offer the clean interface of FG and all the chat built in, along with the ability to Lan play or otherwise MP.

Thoughts?

JFK

Phystus
January 10th, 2012, 00:35
The problem I see with tiles as tokens is that I can grab as many Q's and U's as I want out of the token box, even though there should only be 1 and 4, respectively (at least for the English language version).

You might see how the Savage Worlds ruleset implements the cards, that's another case where there can only be 1 instance of each item. Shuffling and dealing cards would be similar to drawing tiles, too. Just a thought.

In any case, good luck!

~P